need rim advice

you better believe it

man what cant ms paint clear up? I see what you are getting at now yea seems like that would be the best for clearence if the car is going to be gettign painted. how hard is the wiring harness in the DS wheel well to locate into the engine bay or soemwhere out of the way at least…If engine bay is not the best place then where should it go

thaks for all the good info so far

Unfortunately with our s13’s, it is a common misperception that lowering your car to the point where the harness becomes an issue being in the fender is actually BAD for performance/handling. Unless you are going for a merely cosmetic look there is no reason to lower your car that much.

Typical rule of thumb is that the lowest you should be going is where the LCAs are parallel with the ground on all 4 corners.

I personally really like the look of an S13 lowered to that point with some nice fitting wheels and tires it looks quite badass and it’s the most ideal position for handling/cg/suspension/whatever-the-hell.

I know nothing I just said answers your question of how hard it is to move the harness to the engine bay, but I have no idea because I’ve never had to actually do it :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it’s starting to get cold so weekends spent with the BBQ going working at someones garage with all of the local guys hanging out fucking with each others cars have pretty much dissapeared, but it sounds like next season you need to bring your car by so we can set it up properly ;]

what is your situation as far as suspension mods go, anything done yet or any plans to do over the winter?

… it would probably make more sense to continue this conversation via PM – it’s up to you.

My car is pretty slammed for daily driver and all I did was zip tie the harness higher, without removing the fender. All I did was jack the car up and remove the wheels and had plenty of room to reattach the part of the harness that hung low. I’m goin to move it to the top of the fender eventually, but I don’t feel like removing the fenders anytime soon.

Also, with the bat, you can get great results, my roll is pretty perfect IMO and everyone is always surprised at how well it turned out, there was no cracked paint whatsoever, but then again, I have ZERO rust on my fenders…

www.gaywheels.com <-- Great prices!