offset question??

I have a 91 240sx…

Do u think i could fit a 265/35/18 tire on the back with a +30 offset tire…

Rim size is 18X10 im trying to stay away from 255/40/18 because the prices r expense alot more then the above size.

What do u think??

18x10 could fit with fender modification, +30 offset is super shitty tho.

aftermarket coils? +30 might not clear. I dunno.

they will go on but you will need to roll and maybe pull the fender, also the tires may rub if you have coilovers so you may need spacers, but yes the tires will work on those wheels

And you know this how? Do you own a pair of 18x10 +30 wheels? I dont think so because if you did you would know that that offset barely clears the rear fender on an S14 let alone an S13.

I get it though, its super ‘drifter’ cool to roll with +0 offset wheels that need 4 degrees of camber and a punched out hammer fender job. DIZAM check out that lip!!

Anyways, Ive got that exact size wheel and tire on my S14 and I needed to roll the lip on my fender. On an S13 you will have to pull your fender to make it fit. 18x9s usually clear with little modification 18x10s need some work.

Correct me if Im wrong but the 255/40 and 265/35 are essentially the same width after they are mounted on a rim arent they?

yep, very very close

And you know this how? Do you own a pair of 18x10 +30 wheels? I dont think so because if you did you would know that that offset barely clears the rear fender on an S14 let alone an S13.

I get it though, its super ‘drifter’ cool to roll with +0 offset wheels that need 4 degrees of camber and a punched out hammer fender job. DIZAM check out that lip!!

18x9s usually clear with little modification 18x10s need some work.
[/quote]

Um…Chill out…breath…If you want to get angry at me that your wheels are about as flush as driftgirls soarer then be my guest.

Some of us prefer fitment that doesn’t look like ass and monstertrucks.

And didn’t I already type what you said in bold?

Yup…looks like I did.

Love always,
Super drifter cool NeveR.

Please post some pictures of your 18X10 uber offset rims and Ill post my sunken battleship +30 offset wheels. We can compare notes, and then you can go back to giving bad advice to people based on what you’ve read on the internet.

The only reason why your getting so emotional is because you HAVE 18x10 +30.

You decided to start getting hostile because I don’t like your bling. Big deal. Enjoy your fitment.

Hugs and Kisses,
Super drifter cool NeveR.

Never, in your opinion, are 17 X 9 + 20 rims “flush” on the rear of an s13 ???

Personally, no. If I didn’t like 18x10 +30 why would I like 17x9 +20?

But who cares? You can like whatever width and offset and so can I.

The end.

Do you remember what your car looked like?? Before you parted it out??

No i got hostile because you and the other wannabe internet drifters are promoting wheel fitments that are not good for the average person who drives their car daily.

When I was looking for wheels, I did my research and everyone was like go with +15, +10, and so on. If I had listened to the e-drifters I would have had to hammer out both my fenders to kingdom come, instead after talking with Mackin Industries I was given proper advice and needed a lip tuck to make my wheels fit.

Here you go, that is my shitty +30 offset SUNKEN into my wheelwell with 1.5 degrees of negative camber:
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/11357/normal_%2B30.jpg

Now post pictures of YOUR wheels.

Do you remember what your car looked like?? Before you parted it out??[/quote]

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4974/98720963241648303ah.th.jpg

Yup…and? :cry:

Jeezus, hey Modded. Rock whatever shoes Koukis14 is telling you because he talked with Mackin Industries and was given proper advice.

Or find a fitment you like and go with that. If you like 20x6 +80. do it.

My apologies. 18x10 +30 is super shitty IMHO.

My apologies. 18x10 +30 is super shitty IMHO.

Yes and with that children we learn yet again, to be a real drifter you have to size wheels that DONT fit your car worth a damn.

But when you post pics of your car ppl will ride your knob and thats what counts in the long run…Long live the internet!

And with that I will retract all my statements I have made and apologize to NeveR. Sorry for being an ass dude. +30 does eat cock.

i have 9.5" wheels and i’ve got PLENTY of room between my coilover spring and the rim to put 10" rim in there

on the 9.5’s i didnt need to roll the fender on 1.2 degrees neg camber… not even close really.

thats with only 255’s but still…

^^but what offest are they?

wow koukis14, your getting pretty excited over nothing, he just gave his opion, theres no need to bash him, you think a mild offset is better, he doesnt, its preference, its definitley easier to go with a +30 wheel, and if it works for you good, clearly never doesnt like it so who gives a shit, nobodies edrifting when they say they like a more aggresive offset, so everyone take their medication, relax, and stop trying to act all tough on teh internet, cause yelling at people on teh internet makes you a bigger pussy thank likeing low offsets

+38mm

Really? and their not touching coils at all? good to know

about 1" of clearence

i just did the calculations…

with no rubbing on fender or coilovers and no fender roll and no fender pull i could do 10" rim with +44mm offset and still have approx 10mm or clearence between coilovers and wheel.

With a pull and roll i’d say 10.5" is possible on s13 fastback w/ 1.5 degrees neg camber… coupe is a different story