fender roll??

hey,

ok, so just looking for some opinions i have reasearched this a bit…

i have just ordered some wheels and tires for my s13 they are

MB Battles 17x9.5+15

tires im going to be using
front 235/40/17
rear 255/40 17

i will also be running stance coilovers so my clearance should be good with no spacers on strut side…

wondering how much of a fender roll do you think ill need???

just looking for some opinions, and yes i have searched the forum and looked at other posts regarding this. looking for opinions on my specific setup

thanks,

Nate

you WILL need a roll and a pull. With 255’s it’ll have to be a decent sized pull to get everything flush and fitting nice.

ok yea, i figured and i would want to go fairly low too…

will the front be ok you think??

and does anyone have a fender roller and is willing to help me roll the fenders, or know of a shop around burlington, st catharines, oakville… that will do it.

thanks

yea, they’ll be okay. It’ll just take abit of work.

itll fit, the fronts i doubt should be major issue. I fit 17x9+17 with 255/40/17 with barely a pull of sorts, just flattened the metal. Since you’re stretching you’ll have even less issues. I also mashed the seams, but thats dif case, just put it on and see for yourself. The rear since you’re stretching i think will fit just fine, i had to do quite a bit of a pull, but even so its too much of a pull.

so ive decided to change to do a 235/ 40 / 17 all around so i hoping just a roll will do, ill post more when i get them and fit them up.

thanks guys

Nate,

if you havent got yout tires i have some for you… also have a fender roller to ‘rent’ out…lol

best way to do it is… get em mount em and see what u need to do…

yea i plan on it, just wanted some advice before i order them… so i didnt have to do too much of a pull / roll.

thanks,

lol, thanks for the offer but getting tires/rim package from GBtires.

ill def rent that roller off you though, when i get em

255 wont be an issue dude… especially if you are rolling the fenders.

i run 265’s on stock fender on a 10.5" wheel with a 10mm spacer… not sure of original offset.

i’ll be running 275’s this year for sure.

Nate I would have to say your best bet would be to go with bing even just for the fender roll, its way cleaner than any other method. You will have to roll your rear fenders a bit. Just think of it this way why spend 2500+ ish on rims, tires and suspension to have the body not fit that stuff right.

use a bat and a hammer before thinking about the fender roller.

you need to hammer down every seam in all 4 wheel wells. roll your fender with a bat or pole, or the roller i guess but i didnt have mine when i did this, hammer the lip of the fender up… then use the roller to pull them out a bit.

This season on my drift car I used 18x9.5 +15 and unless I used 265/35/18 or larger I had no rubbing issues. (basic fender roll)

you will be fine with a 255, just dont go bigger!
if you want to be super safe, go with a 245.