Need some advice here.

So I bought 4 tires off a guy on craigslist to put on the Sierra for winter, as the current tires were balding pretty bad.

Didn’t have time to make it to a shop in the Capital District while I was home, so I brought 'em up to school (Potsdam) and had a shop do the swap here.

Appt. was at 2:30. I show up at 2:20, they get the truck in the bay around 2:35.
Wait.
Around 3:30 I hear the shop manager yell at some guys in the shop why the hell it took 1 hour to change 2 freaking tires. I agree. Well maybe a few lugs were rusted or some shit, so I shrug it off.
Around 4, a tech comes out and asks me to come into the bays. He says I have a leak.
Turns out of the brake lines going from the master to the ABS block under the cab “split” and they were trying to drive the truck off the lift.

He explains everything, throws a estimated price of 300-350 for all 4 brakes lines from the ABS block forward, cause if he touches the one that is split, he figures he is going to end up breaking all the other lines also, so he might as well do them while he is in there.

Do I stand any ground to fight this? I was romping on the truck a little while before I brought it in (on snow, and the ABS did kick in) so the lines were taking a beating before and they handled it. Also, the shop had to drive the truck onto the lift, and used the brakes then obviously.

Any advice as to what to do? I have no evidence that they did anything to “manhandle” the line, but I doubt it just split.
Right now the truck is just sitting outside the shop.

Cliffs:
Brought truck into shop for tire swap, brake line “splits” as they try to pull truck off lift.
Do I stand any chance to fight this? Do I bend over and take the hit?

what kind of lift did they use? Drive on or 2 post? Also what shop?

Sounds kinda funny to me. I have done repairs such as a brake booster and had lines explode afterwards, but thats a related system.

Drive on…so at no point was there any extra pressure on that part of the truck.
Potsdam Tire and Auto, its a goodyear affiliated shop.

Yeah, I really don’t see how the line was fine taking a beating no more than 3 hours before, and fine driving there but split open on the lift.
I would understand more if the truck had been sitting for a while not being used.

i don’t think you have a leg to stand on and they would have to be complete retards to fuck up a brake line while changing a tire. your truck probably needed lines anyway. One look at the lines should tell you.

just goto advance, buy some brakelines, a flare tool, some fittings, and a tubing cutter and fix it yourself in a half hour, then bleed the brakes out. Its cake.

if its a 99 up chevy the lines were do anyway lolol , on avg i do one of those trucks a week . unf the way the lines run u aint doin just 1 line your doin em allllll . 350 400 isnt a bad price at all for them to do as id let em do it . the prop valve trips very easy on em and they suck to reset without a scanner to do a automated bleed to reset the proportioner valve

Yeah, its an 01. And I see how all the lines are tied up in there.

It’s probably just your bad luck then. None of those components hang down low enough for anything on the drive on to catch them. I have had a car literally blow its brake line after I pulled it in the shop and didn’t even set it on the lift atleast twice before.

i highly doubt they sabotaged or accidentally did something to provoke the failure in the line. it was just time. its pretty annoying when people assume a shop is just out to rip you off. lots of hard working honest people get the finger pointed at them for that shit all the time.

:rofl