Need some advice on which bike to buy

New 08 1000RR or new 09 R6. Both are relatively the same price. Never owned a rocket but I’ve heard that the liter bikes don’t hang with the 600s in the twisties. I’ve tried my buddies 250R and an 04 R6 so far. Any input is welcome.

Edited a poorly and hastily made post

Is this a serious post?

Yeah Mike. Is this a serious response?

I’m not even going to list the number of obvious questions you’re overlooking.

Lock this thread, use the search button then post a new thread after you have all the information.

Hmmm, guess this wasn’t the place to ask for advice.

:facepalm:

No, it’s not that.

You seem like you have a level head, I have no problems answering question, ESPECIALLY for new riders, but that is just an amazingly naive question.

You’re asking if you should get a 600 (which could be a fine starter bike) or a 1000 (which most riders will tell you is ridiculous, not to mention has been covered in TONS of threads)

Before this turns into a bashing though, seriously consider reading a few threads about bike choice in the Bike subforum, it will be to your advantage.

You have a good point. I should have done more research but I just got a killer deal on both and have to move on it tonight. Thanks man, I’ll just check the stickies.

No problem, if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

I wouldnt buy a bike just because of a killer deal. Do some research and find out the pro’s and cons of all of them.

boom.

Also, what do you plan on using the bike for mainly?
Track days?
Just learning now?
Do you have a lot of self control?
Will you be commuting it a lot?

Let’s start with these and work from there.

Here I’ll answer your question…

08 cbr 1000 > 09 R6

i can get you a better deal on a new r6 i guarantee it…

pm me

Mostly cruising but with the occasional blast through the turns
No track time
1 year experience on a cruiser
Plenty of self control
Will commute to work a few days a week

Why not buy something used and make sure you really like it before you buy something brand new and decide you don’t like it and have to sell it and lose a ton of money on it. Learn on something used, after a year upgrade to what you want. 1000rr is overkill for cruising

Don’t get me wrong. When I get comfortable with either bike, I intend on riding more aggressively. Kind of how I made the transition from my GT to my Shelby.

600 will be plenty fast enough. No need to go 1000 just for the sake of saying you have a litre bike.

Get the liter bike, you won’t have to shift as much. Plus you won’t have to upgrade in a few months ya know.

lol

zx6r 1998-2002, best first bike you could buy. Plenty of power, not a huge lean on the rider which means less strain on your wrists. Liter bike power means nothing to a unexperienced rider. An experienced rider on a 250cc bike can own a unexperienced rider on a liter bike. I have seen it happen time and time again. REAL riders will respect a rider when they look at their rear tire then at their sticker on the side of their bike.

Learn to ride first before you jump on a 150+ hp bike.:run:

Nah, he’s fine. He’s ridden a cruiser for a year. Get the liter bike. Then I can buy it cheap when it scares the fucking shit out of you next season.