Need some camera help.

My girlfriens broke her camera she has now. Shes looking or well, i am looking to get her one to replace it. She uses it for taking photos of work and school art and such. Doesnt need some crazy big money insane lense thing. Anyone suggest anything or have something to sell me? Thanks.

Point and shoot (small pocketbook cam?) or a bigger body model?
What is your price range (roughly) ?
I might be looking to sell my dslr/kit lens if you’re interested.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Site has good in depth reviews of most popular cameras from cheap point and shoots, to pro Dslrs. Lot’s of good info and test shots, I usually look to see what I can afford and then read and compare reviews to see what I want from my price range.

FWIW I just recently bought a Canon PowerShot SX and am very satisfied with the quality/abilities and it takes decent HD video as well. I paid ~300 from Wally’s world.

Not pocket but something she can keep in her purse and doesnt have a huge big adjustable lense or anything really.

Get a Canon PowerShot. Definitely purse’able and will take quality photos.

Walmart or Target tends to have decent cameras. Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Samsung even, just stick to reputable names. 8-10mp with 3x zoom is like the norm for around $100 now. Make sure it has rechargeable battery and doesnt use AA. Also you want one that takes SD cards, as those are the basic standard pretty much now.