Need Some Car Shipping Info...

So, let me start this thread off by linking this…

http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29746

Fucking mint. Actually, this car is the only one I’ve EVER seen in such good shape. Which brings me to a dilemma… It’s located in Arizona. What would my options be? I’m thinking of having it shipped using one of those freight companies, but I’m a bit nervous about the price. The guy’s selling the car for $900 at this point, and it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, IMO.

The other option I’ve been given is a couple of my friends offered to either drive or fly down for $1000 and drive it back. I’d do it myself, but having two kids, especially one that’s only a month old, is out of the question.

Any advice or words of wisdom on what I could do? This is my dream right here… I’d rather use one of these for my SR20 than another same old overplayed S13. In fact… I DID do that. Unfortunately, my S12’s underbody is rusted and I’d be worried about it’s structural integrity under anything but the stock CA20E.

So let’s hear it, guys. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s missing a driveshaft. So it comes down to getting it here somehow that doesn’t involve driving it.

Cossey has had his share of experiences.

s12s are awesome, glwp, sorry i cant help out more

I had a vehicle shipped open trailer from Texas… Was like 600 bucks, 7-10 days i got it…

just a rough guess your looking at 1,200 to 1,500 shipping costs

You’re telling me… I have an '88 sitting in Troy with an SR20 sitting in the engine bay and an underbody that’s completely rotted out… That wasn’t that way when I bought it. And I wasn’t told until about a year later.

I could day with $600 for this.

FML… If it’s that much, I’m just going to have to settle for an S13, which is really sad.

shipping shouldnt be more than 850$ or so coast to coast. do some research on shipping companies and you might luck out. good luck

It is going to cost roughly $1000, and don’t forget you are going to want shipping insurance as well. Here is a site to get an rough estimate of charges…

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/default.aspx

Road trip?

In AZ at this time of year you’re def looking at about 900-1100. When I shipped the M3 from Texas it was about 7 and the time of year was early, kind of like now.

For $500 bucks I’m down for a roadtrip to Az…

How do you exspect anyone to drive it back with no driveshaft, unfinished KA swap and other misc items?

:retardclap

coast to coast? 850? Yea, I wouldn’t go with a company that charges that.

Guy who did my Supra was awesome, but he was like $600 from here to RI.

Don’t cheap out, there is tons of horror stories out there.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is a case of cost of car compared to cost of shipment hindering this deal, which is too bad. The thing is a freakin’ gem.

If you’re saying this car is so nice and your getting it at a steal, $1000 to get a car shipped to you isn’t a lot of money IMO.

You’re 100% right. the quote I got was $999… So, a grand. And yeah, I’m going for it. Like I said, way too nice to pass up.

I love S12s. I tried to trade for this one but the mofugger didn’t want to trade, plus it’s in CA

http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29651

Holy shit, that thing’s insane. Not really feeling the seats, but the car in all sick. I’m haggling with this dude now to see if I can get him below $900 for the S12. If not, it’s no big deal since it’s mint IMO.

Yeah other than the CF/blue in the engine bay, seats, pedals, tint and wheels its perfect. It’s about as close as you can get to a perfect S12, it seems like there’s only like 50 in the US :rofl

Back on topic, I hope you have more than the 2 pics that are in that thread, buying a car based on 2 below-average quality pics would be asinine :lol