Need some help with installing brakes

Any of you guys have a shop or somethin that could help me install my new brakes when they get here? i’ll pay for pizza and some beer for you if u want it or some wings or pretzel knots from whatever pizza place u like. its nothing major. 4 rotors and pads all around. I just ordered all the parts yesterday and it should be here within a week or so. im good for a weekend or weekdays after 4-430pm. i could do it at home, but it will take me forever with no air tools and i dont have that one thing that pushes the pistons in to get the rear pads in. i have bedding procedures so i can do that myself, its no problems. i wont expect you to do ALL of the work, i will do it too, i just dont have access to a shop

talk to jay code blue. hes got everything. but if you have drum brakes dont ask him…lol we both hate drums.

i’d help if i wasn’t so busy. it is a really easy job…

hey ill do them. You can meet me at my house where all my tools are. or ill come to you. pm me if you nee my nnumber

discs all around. i ordered Zimmerman vented crossdrilled 12.6 inch rotors upfront, ATE 10 inch solid rotors for the back and Pagid RS4-2-1 street compound pads all around

o man. easy job. ill still do it. im not working for a week so i got more than enough time

if uve got the tools and a decently high jack were good to go then. ill buy the food and drinks if u wana get something afterwards

No prob. ive got everything at my grandmas right now while my gargae roof gets redone. we have Everything but air tools here.

Doing my sentra’s pads right now and jesus fucking christ the lower caliper guide pin is seized and i cant get the FUCKING caliper back on because of it :headbang :angry2

with stuff thats stuck i usually heat it up somehow and drench it in pb blaster and wd40, just gob that shit on and use the rubber hammer to beat it into submission

That would be the plan, I thought I could just bang out changing pads before my boss gets here…come to find out Corporate comes in today and my car’s sitting there with half it’s brakes done on a jack with tools scattered around it as my boss shows up…says ‘just finish it quick’ :rofl

:idiots

I set the car down lightly resting on the lugs, but still on the jack til im off the clock later

haha, nice one man. at least u didnt get kick in the arse for that, well maybe not till later

That’s not uncommon, use the strut/spindle as an anvil and beat that pin out, but be careful not to mushroom the pin itself, a single fast and hard hit should do it.

You mean beat the pin in?

and yeah, we tried that, it’s rusted to hell, and i REALLY dont want that pin to snap on me

can u get a new one and drill out the old one?

Rather not, just gonna try it my way and beat it the fuck on, I’ve already got the caliper slid on part way, but then it gets to a point where it wont move anymore…that is the point where lube.hammer come sinto play seeing as my ‘hammer’ is a monster c-clamp…

film it if ur goin to play with lube, clamps and hammers :slight_smile:

dude the peter north comment, now this?

hmmmm

thats normal :lol

WHAT THE FUCK I FINALLY GOT THE FUCKING CALIPER ON BUT TOO FAR AND CANT GET THE FUCKING BOLT IN SO I DECIDED TO TRY TO PRY IT OUT AND I THINK I BENT THE FUCKING GUIDE PIN WHAT THE FUCK WHY CANT ANYTHING BE FUCKING SIMPLE I FUCKING HATE CARS.