Need to hear from the finest.. 00 zr2 s10 broke.. AGAin!!

okay… where to start!!

IM ABOUT @ 100K and the good old zr2 let me down Again!! i love it to death but give me a break!! Normally im really good at figuring this out but in all honesty me and Everyone i talked to thinks im crazy…

here’s how it happend…

driving wot up a hill and then it honestly feels like im in final drive pulling out… no power… no matter how far i press the pedal motor’s making nothing but wot noise @ low rpm…i pull into my driveway and just outta curious wot to see if it would redline in park! no go… it was late so i called it a night, Morning comes and i went out to check it out! starts like normal!

drive it around and it runs like normal! then after everything got up to temp it started not be able to make it up hills like it use to… kinda bogged

sooo i figured i had to go down to the lake with out any real issues… my dad thought it was the tranny so he thought put some lucas tranny fluid in it!

Tranny fluid is red… doesn t smell burnt… but why not it was a qt low anyway!

when pulling out @ half throttal the truck would pull like normall… then kinda gag for a lil… then pull again…

I get home and i had to haul a tractor for my mom so i load it up… Bogged going up the hill almost couldn t make it!

i get on the highway and it bogged away!! its like off on off on off on… started getting pretty bad through youngwood…

i hit 119 my truck honestly couldn t run over 40 mph but yet the motor sounds normal…

im almost into scottdale and my truck felt like it was on its last leg… it creeped up a hill… @ 5mph if i was lucky…

this Truck idle’s PERFECT, revs perfect when cold… shifts perfect cold… Only code is the emissions air pump which been on for yrs…

NOW i was thinking the cat’s half way out the door cause when it would loose power if i pressed the gas just a tiny more it felt like it would release something and move like normal again… and i also thought maybe it was causing the motor to knock and go in a temp limp mode!

this is off the wall and im not the brightest but i know alot when it comes to problems, but this ones killing me!

i dropped the y pipe and looked in the first precat but it seems to look normal with out any issues [just looked like a normal honey comb with out any kind of melt down] so im seriouslly lost…

"I KNOW THIS GOTTA BE THE BIGGEST RUN ON YOU GUYS EVER READ!! " but i would appreciate any kind of info…

One other thing its doing is… while driving half throttal it falls on its face! then bucks… then goes normal all in a matter of seconds.!

tranny was rebuilt with new tq converter 20k ago…

any idea’s please post! im running outta idea’s!!

one more thing to add to my run on…

say from a stop… at a slow pull out it would get to about 2500/3k then kinda surge a lil… as if the tranny pump would lose pressure for a second… but yet if i tapped the gas just a tiny bit more it would continue to pull like normal!

TPS? tranny? cat?

no codes…

motor runs smooth but feels like its going into limp mode…

intake gasket ? im sooo lost

that sounds like a clogged cat to me

x2

i agree! i tore the y pipe down… cut it at the front of the first “pre cat” and it looked fine… honey comb looking with nothing bent or melted… i still knocked the precat out and welded it back up! tomarrow ill put it together and find out but it looked fine but im just judging this by the inlet… chevy’s goofy cause the y pipe / precat / big cat is all one piece…

another question would be… if the pre cat looked fine! there’s no way the big cat could be touched right?

thanks for the input so far… its giving me hope for what i started now im just crossing my finger’s!

bad pre cat,seen a few

i gutted it! puttin it back on afterwork :crossing my fingers::x:

reinstalled y pipewith the precat gutted and same deal… removed again and cut the main cat to look inside it and when i held it up to the flood light i could only see through maybe 10 of the 10000 pin hole’s of the honey comb looking material!!

so im purchasing a highflow tomarrow and see what happens…

time to go back to the anal probes

or u could gut it and throw a o2 simulator on it

i gutted it then thought about it longterm… its no race truck… so i orderd up a magnaflow highflow… ill see how things go an about a hour

save me the old cat!

i would of but we gutted it and then thought about the whole longterm thing… i got a shell ! :wink:

oh and its fixed… a tad louder with the magnaflow cat but its fixed and runs like a champ!

nice

how much did the high flow magnaflow cost ya?

55$

nice, i’ve been thinking about geting one … i might now i know what the cost