Need to ship half a car, suggestions please?

Met this guy on the forums and while he was away at training for the marines his car was involved in a hit and run where it was parked on the road, no insurance. So long story short I’m sending him the rear half of my parts car shell. It’s an empty tub, probably weights 200 for the rear half and I should be able to put it on an extended pallet. What is the cheapest way to ship it to Kansas City MO?

I shipped a pallet with 16 wheels, it was a little over 250 lbs w/pallet.

Shipped Old Dominion freight line for just shy of $200 to California. If you have a commercial location (work/garage/friend) they will pick up for free if you have a way to load it.

They may hit you with an oversize pallet charge. They are definitely going to hit you with a lite load charge as well. It’s really hard to know without calling.

BUT, the freight companies are all over the place with their pricing…call around to a few and pick the cheapest. If you are planning on shipping this NOT in a crate, it will probably not be treated with care. Jussayin’.

Consider Forward Air as well. Look to see if they have a terminal in the receiving area where he can pick it up from.

Local terminal here is just behind Albany International airport.

http://www.freightcenter.com/services/shipping%20rates.htm

http://www.movefreight.com/request-a-quote/?gclid=CMyz9pGPjLYCFUhgMgodiT4AsQ

That is where I work! :number1

I saw you and JVG come in to ship those seats out LOL

Our rates are pretty legit and there are no oversize fees that I know of, just goes by the pound or dimensional weight, whichever is higher. Do you have pics of what you are shipping?

Oh and we do have a terminal in Kansas City, MO.

Ah yeah the CTSV Recaros I shipped out. I remember that, I walked in and thought I recognized you but didn’t want to say anything and be made a fool :lol

Forward Air has always been non-hassle for me. Crate it, drop it off, and it goes where needed. Only downside is if you don’t have an account with them, they ONLY accept money orders for payment.

Yeah, the business started off as being a middle man for other freight companies, then got into personal shipping from point to point so its still in the new stages I guess you could say of point to point but still pretty simple process.

found a place to ship it for 450…guy wants me to cut it up in 4 pieces and ship it greyhound…what a pain