Neighborhood watch leader shoots FL teen

The “other” reports say that he was returning to his car and Treyvon circled back and confronted him near his vehicle. Nobody knows exactly what happened to cause the confrontation, but the way he said things like “He ran” (past tense) tells me that he no longer had him in sight. Also, how can you meet with a responding officer at your vehicle if you aren’t at it? He would have to have been returning to his car to meet the officer.

and I swear I recall a clip being played of hearing Trayvon screaming before the gun shot went off.

Again, according to some reports, the voice heard screaming was Zimmerman’s and not Treyvon’s. But once again, nobody knows for sure.

The kid did not deserve to die, he should not have used his gun, maybe I’m wrong and maybe zimmerman was getting his ass kicked, but from what I’ve heard and read… I think it was excessive.

I agree that Treyvon didn’t need to die, but if the reports about Treyvon attacking Zimmerman / slamming his head against the pavement were true then Zimmerman would have no way of knowing what Treyvon’s intentions were. Was Treyvon just trying to knock him out? Would he pursue further and continue beating him after Zimmerman was unconscious? Once Zimmerman was unconscious would Treyvon go for his weapon and kill him? There is no way Zimmerman could know and therefore I personally believe that it was reasonable to believe his life was in imminent danger… and therefore deadly force could have been the only option.

I agree with the use of force if there was no other option. If somebody breaks into my house in the middle of the night they are getting a gut full of buckshot no questions asked. If Zimmermans life was in peril he was within his right my problem with the situation is that he shouldn’t have put himself in the position.

So any citizen with a CCP can start a neighborhood watch and go around assisting in the enforcement of laws??? There is a reason why cops have uniforms and open carry. Seems like your stuck on your view point and don’t want to see anybody else’s. Should the kid have assaulted the guy no, but the guy shouldn’t have inflamed the situation and chased the kid which resulted in the kids death.

Holy crap for once I agree with Vlad

So your saying that every kid with a few minor infractions on their record is a violent criminal and deserves to be shot?

All the time huh? Like every day? On every block? Feel free to find news reports of young teens jumping adult males one on one in the middle of the night. You should have no problem finding this as it happens “all the time”.

Yeah he was illegally talking to his GF on the phone as he was on the way to her house. Busted!

Don’t forget Zimmerman has a record of assaulting a police officer.

This is what happens in an animal kingdom. Trickle down violence.

Because talking on the phone to your g/f and heading to the store requires you to walk behind and between houses looking around and through the windows??? Most people I know USUALLY stick to the street or sidewalk.

And Treyvon had multiple run-ins with the law. Neither side was perfect.

Young teen? It’s not like he was a pre-puberty 12 year old.

Exactly. A bad situation got worse. Did Treyvon know he was jumping a gun nut? No but he soon found out. Did Zimmerman have to shoot him? Probably not but it was self-defense.

Liberals will use Tryvon as their martyr to change the gun laws and it won’t happen.

Egg-fucking-zactly.

“This is what happens when citizens are allowed to have guns, and we can’t do this. This little choir boy would still be alive had this criminal not had a gun!”

Luckily, right now America’s eyes are as open as ever when it comes to firearm ownership and exercising their 2A rights. It’s quite awesome. We just don’t live in an ideal state to see anything change.

George Zimmerman has been charged with 2nd degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon.

Cossey , you rock

Vlad, u smell like cosseys sock

Now we may finally see some real facts come out and see what may have actually happened. Unfortunately, there isn’t a snowballs chance in hell that Zimmerman will get a fair trial anywhere in this country.

some people that live under a rock may not have heard of this yet , in that case being good for him as if there hillbilly rednecks they dont like darkies so he will be praised

That is a very good point, it’ll be interesting to see if they request a change of venue for the trial.

http://nation.foxnews.com/george-zimmerman/2012/04/20/abc-exclusive-new-zimmerman-photo-shows-bloodied-back-head-warning-graphic-photo

Anyone in the same position would’ve acted as Zimm. did.

Should he have waited for police? Probably. He didn’t however and he unfortunately killed someone while defending his own life.

It wasn’t a race thing until the media and the usual suspects turned it into one.

All race aside, this guy is a fuckin dope. You are a neighborhood watch guy, not a fucking cop. You called the cops, they said to back the fuck off and you didn’t and now someone is dead because of it. What happened that sparked the fight… who knows. I can say I’d start getting pretty pissed if some sketchy fuck was following me around and talking trash and if it escalated I’d probably get pissed enough to do something that would start a fight. If he had left the kid alone, the kid would be alive. He didn’t, despite the cops telling him to, and now the kid is dead.

The dude is a piece of shit. Yeah he has a right to carry his gun, he has a right to defend himself, he even has a right to wonder wtf some *** is doing walking around his apartment complex or whatever, but as soon as the dispatcher says to stop following him and that cops are on the way, he fucked up by not listening. That’s what does it. That’s what makes him a piece of shit. Fuck this guy.

Oh, and fuck fox news, and fuck every other news agency spinning this in every direction.

Thats one of the biggest problem with this issue, one side is dead so who the hell knows what really happened. Plus you have the media cramming their opinions down our throats.

That’s my point though. One side shouldn’t be dead. If he had just listened then none of this would have ever happened. The media can’t spin that.