Neighbors...

So I think our neighbors in Oakland hate us. Now everyone who lives in oakland is either a student, a mexican, a indie person, or an old old italian person. So some old heads live to the one side of us two houses down. We had a party the other night and there were beer cans and shit everywhere the next day. Well I get home from work and there is a notice from the ACHD. This is the second time. Now we didnt even get a chance to pick up yet (we always do). So I think they call the ACHD the day after we have parties. And the old pricks tried to steal one of our trash cans once. I guess they didnt think we would notice it was one of our cans.

/ rant

hgaha… oakland is a wasteland… no rules apply.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
i cant wait to be old and pretend to be crazy just so i can steal shit all the time

if you throw a party, you should clean up immediately after the party. I would not want your litter on my property. At school the last few that were up always cleaned up, it was a way to make sure you stayed out of trouble

haha…only old people would steal trash cans.

i dont really have “a couple” neighbors…i live down the street to an apartment complex which is inhabited with a mix of students, old people, but mostly indians… so theres always something going on here (mostly apartments catch on fire).

it was on our property though, and by the time we go to sleep, no one is any any way shape or form capable of cleaning.

at least there werent bodies laying in the yard. who would your neighbors call then?

i always clean after parties (that i didnt pass out at) that night…makes the next morning so much better to ‘enjoy’ my hangover…if it wasn’t for parties my college apartments would have never been cleaned

what kind of appearence does it give the neighborhood? i dunno, i just think it just make sense to clean up the same night. then you don’t bother anyone and their is no hassle. I understand what it means to be drunk, I did take a 50,000 dollar vacation like most. But no matter how drunk you get, you should be responsible

i understand the point youre making definitely…but have you seen south oakland lately? The whole area is a dump. There is not one block of sidewalk that you dont step on cigarette butts/beercans/cups/glass. Them not picking up that night is making NO difference to the appearance of where they live.

You should invite them over for the next bash. Maybe you could talk them into cleaning up for you…

I can’t say what South Oakland looks like but if this happened in my neighborhood I’d be making some calls too. There’s no way I’m going to put up with that in my neighborhood after investing in a $130K house.

I think you are thinking this is some affluent neighborhood. Its a college area. Read what was written before. The only property people invest in in that area are run down and dirty apartment buildings so they can rape college kids with overpriced monthly rents.

It’s South Oakland. It’s pretty much a student/indian version of St. Clair Village.

As long as its on your property, I wouldn’t have a problem as long as you cleaned it up the next day. But cleaning up that night? Yeah right.

I agree 100% with LaurenCBR

Speaking of her, I think I had some Marketing and Business classes with you at Pitt before. You look familiar :blue:

Right. it is awful ballsy of whatever authority takes the time to leave you a letter about trash in your yard, when their streets and sidewalks are covered in 2 weeks worth of garbage.

printing a piece of paper is cheaper / easier than picking up garbage.

it’s still a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black though dont you think?

Very possible…CBA is pretty small. Im usually the one looking like shit and just not caring. lol well i guess thats a lot of people but i commute to Pitt so im not down there that often. Id ask what classes youve taken but theres too many i wouldnt remember. Any this semester?