nelson ledges got new black top!

looks really nice. myself and a couple other guys on pittracing are going to be heading up when the weather breaks. ill keep this post updated if anyone wants to go.

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/newsitems/nelsonpaving-01-2004.html

where is nelsons ledge and whats so great about it? not familiar and you have tomany / in the begining

sorry, fixed the link. its in ohio about 1.5 hours from the city. its a fast very flat course.

2.1 miles long i believe with no real hairpins. mostly long sweepers. its considered 13 turns but more like 10 turns. average speed can be near in the mid 90’s for a car like mine. ive never been there but from what ive read and people i know who have driven it, it is a very fun course that is great for beginers to experts. the only downfall was that it was in bad condition around a few bends(very bumpy and even minor pot holes). now that its fixed it should be a great track.

price is also cheaper than beaver for open lapping day.

looks great… its easy to get to, right off the turnpike like 2 exits in from PA

i’ll be there for sure this year…we should gather ‘pittspeed track dayz’ and get a sign up and do it for real, its more fun than drag IMO

drag racing sucks:D to each their own though. ill still hit up the strip here and there if i have nothing else to do though.

as for the pittspeed track day, we should combine this with pittracing since it seems there isnt a lot of autox or track day guys on this board.

ya, i remember a lot more autox’rs’n’at over on pittracing. Its ashame that they turned ghey, but we will over look in light of having a good time :bigok:

Originally posted by gearhead
ya, i remember a lot more autox’rs’n’at over on pittracing. Its ashame that they turned ghey, but we will over look in light of having a good time :bigok:

<~~~Auto-xer and not ghey lol :smiley:

Originally posted by Talonchick
<~~~Auto-xer and not ghey lol :smiley:
being bi is kinda like being a little gay!!!:tounge: :tounge: :wink:

there is a lot of good people on pittracing. yeah i know there are also some people that like to run thier mouths and what not, but the autox/track support is a lot better on that site.

anyways, lets see how many people we can get to go.

1. jeremy(germ)
  1. jeremy(germ)
  2. Vince(mr2-92)

Originally posted by germ
there is a lot of good people on pittracing. yeah i know there are also some people that like to run thier mouths and what not, but the autox/track support is a lot better on that site.

truth… i’ll try to dig something up to run fo shizo

Originally posted by gearhead
truth… i’ll try to dig something up to run fo shizo

if you can’t find anything you can get run in the SVT unless its sold by then…and we’re working on the new project :wink:

i am always in for some track time

i’m down…i’m sick of using the red belt as my track

Originally posted by s14M3
i’m down…i’m sick of using the red belt as my track

and puttin me in danger everytime u take every corner on bakerstown road at 70-80

wow, they got new pavement. about time. i’ve been up there atleast 20 times, and each time it seemed to get worse. kinda shitty when you have to avoid potholes and the different levels of pavement patches. its definately a cool layout tho.

ahhh…memories

You can’t beat the Fun Friday events for value. We plan on having another SE-R meet there this summer. I logged about 175 track miles in one day last year :slight_smile: Thats a hell of a deal for $100.

i think we are planning on a mid may track day if anyone wants to head out.

I plan on doing as many HPDE’s as I can. Got to get the engine back in the car first and upgrade the brakes before I make my way out to the track.