Neonglh's new winter beater: 2004 SRT-4

I just sold my '97 neon which was in great shape, but it was getting old. Last night I picked up a 2004 SRT-4 that our buddy Scott Lasky bought new, and used as his daily driver / winter car over the past few years. The car is in great shape, has never seen a modification of any kind, and is much more fun to drive compared to the '97 I had.

This morning I was able to wash it nice, and then clay bar some problem areas like where the Sirius antenna was mounted, and a few spots of what seemed to be sap. I am very happy with this purchase :tup:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4282198903_c2ab528c9e.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4282198763_1fd0e088a2.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4282199589_9cbf711405.jpg

The best part about the car is that it has the remainder of a 7 year / 70,000 mile warranty from Dodge that is being transferred over to my name. The car currently has 43,xxx miles, so I will not have to worry about anything bad for a while :slight_smile:

–mark

Dude, you just don’t stop with the car purchases. Congratulations, you’re obv. doing a lot right in your life…

How’s the house hunt going, by the way?

The car hasn’t been that clean in quite some time.

everything you buy becomes shiny.

Looks like a great beater

I see your still living over there by RIT :slight_smile: nice purchase!

Thanks, I work my ass off, but in turn, I get to play a little bit :slight_smile: I actually bought a house and I am waiting to close. I should have the keys within the next 3 weeks!

Nothing a little bit of clay bar couldn’t take care of!

It is fun :slight_smile:

Yup, for a few more weeks I will be here. This apartment has been great to me over the past few years, since I work / go to school at RIT.

how long will it stay stock?

whats different from this to the yellow one you had, I know the yellow one was modded and all.

I see no need to mod this one, but once the warranty is up, you never know!

It’s the same base, other than this has the Quaife LSD already installed. The yellow one had tons of mods though, including the Mopar Stage 3 turbo kit and pcm, Crane 14 cams, meth injection, and a bunch more.

werent you just talking about how you wanted to sell the evo to help buy a house? lolz nice car how much did ya pick it up for

I am still trying to sell the Evo, but I already did buy a house, heh.

:tup: for a good DD.

i wouldnt mind dd ing a srt but i hate four door cars but i do like turbo bov

Nice DD.

Nice pick up.

you love the neon

It’s an 04 model year car so it was probably built and sold in 2003. It’s now 2010. Isn’t the warranty over in the next few months…probably why it’s being sold now… :wink:

It will probably be fine for a while. I just pointed that out since you said the warranty is the best part about the car…

Actually it was bought new in May of 05 so the 7/70 lasts until May of 2012. It was sold because I can’t tow a full car trailer or a boat with it.

What slasky said :slight_smile: