networking question

about once every ten minutes my wireless connection shits the bed. then, about ten seconds later, my PC finds the connection again. any ideas?

more info?

does it happen to more then one wireless PC? Try a different NIC card? Access point properly setup?

it’s happening on all the PCs. my PC is the only one whose networking settings have been changed in the past ten months. the router is never touched.

the cable modem has been acting goofy too.

Mine did that for a while, encrypt the network and it will stop

Ya got interference from somewhere … what frequency is your card ? ya got a 2.4 gig phone and a 2.4 card ? could be cable modem flapping.

nah, that isnt a ‘fix-all’ solution. probably a setting or conf on his router/AP or NIC got changed or wiped by a surge or by Windows’ natural selection. :dunno:

fixed itself… :scared:

more than likely you have the same channel setup as a close neighbor… If you understood how wireless works you’d then realize what’s going on since, you don’t let’s try an experiment.

http://www.netstumbler.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=1&orderby=hitsD

Download netstumbler, turn off your wireless network and see what is out there. then find out what channels are in use and then seperate yours by the maximum amount that you can.

Amanda doesn’t have any close neighbors… her house is on 32 acres…

2.4ghz is an open range, it isn’t licensed so anyone could be shooting a very strong shot over her house in the area. How you defeat people interrupting your signal is turn up the power and stomp shit out of everyone else…

Living next to a hospital is a very good example of it, hell my cordless phone in the 2.4ghz range wouldn’t even work inside of the small townhouse we lived in at the time…

Fire up netstumbler, see what’s out there…

i’ll try netstumbler when i get back from wagner’s…thanks.