Never speed in Virginia

:tdown:

I’ve got 3 VA reckless driving tickets under my belt for cruising with traffic at highway speed (not an exaggeration). Somehow got out of all of them in FFX county which is unheard of, but still never speed in Virginia. NOVA police departments are money machines.

I spent an afternoon in a local lockup and I can agree with his assessment. Alone in a cell with absolutely nothing to do and a hard bench, no belt, and no shoelaces. Completely boring.

Looks like I got off easy for that 110 in a 50 in the city of buffalo. :open_mouth:

im of the opinion that you avoid driving in NOVA at all costs

For one lap of america, they warn everyone in the drivers meeting not to fuck around in VA.

If you’re gonna break it…double it.

Might as well it seems.

I was stuck on the belt way for 2 hours and went 20 miles in 2 hours. 15 miles the last 10 minutes of that time… There was an officer in an unmarked impala in traffic who pulled me over for 89 in a 55. I also thought it was going to be a rough speeding ticket.

I have a misdemeanor on my record because of this and I paid a lawyer. I won’t blame Virginia but fuck Virginia.

Had this forwarded to me by a guy I used to work with. I used to drive from pittsburgh to DC to Williamsburg VA every Monday for lab building project for about 2 years. Once we were past the pentagon heading out of town the cruise was set at 80mph. Everyone from the DC office would constantly warn me about the ticket threat but no one seemed to mind getting to the site early enough to have lunch before the meetings or getting back to DC at a reasonable hour in the evening.

never got as much as a second look from any va troopers.

This is funny, i know the exact jail he got locked up in since I live about 20 minutes away. Funny thing is my first VA ticket I got caught doing 93 in a 55 and all I got was a fine LOL, was about 300$.