Don't speed in Virginia! :eek:

For example, 75 in a 55 will get you an $1100 dollar fine as of July 1st.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-06-29-Va-new-driving-laws_N.htm?csp=34

and radar detectors are illegal there too

woot out of staters don’t have to pay those…drive on!

pimp

Virginia has always been a shitty state to drive in. When coming home from buying my GTO I ran into a 5-6 car massive radar trap exactly 1 mile after crossing the VA state line. Lucky for me I remembered that VA sucks the royal nuts and had already slowed down.

I lived there for 4 years when I was in the AF. You can drive through that state with a kidnapped child tied up in the passenger seat…but if you get pulled over…the ticket will be for the radar detector in your window…they are ANAL about those things.

Virginia is basically just a large version of N. Tonawanda/Amherst when it comes to vehicle violations.

They are admiting that it is a money raiser and not a safety issue.

WTF?

Is that a legal form of taxation?

Just stating the obvious…

I hope it backfires and noone drives a single mph above the legal limit.

D bag state anyway

Fuck
i could be moving there this summer, as my dad gets an offer from a job there this monday

ugh

Another difference: The civil penalties apply only to Virginia residents, not out-of-state drivers.

also…I’ve driven through there with the v1 and no problems…but those cops are tricky…they hide on the side of the road with their hazzards on…in plain jane cars…f-150s intrepeds ect… but they have their radar guns aimed at you.

I say this law won’t pass…

That is comparable to puting someone away for life for shoplifting

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:12,topic:31686"”]

That is comparable to puting someone away for life for shoplifting

[/quote]

Well…it is the south…:picard:

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:8,topic:31686"”]

WTF?

[/quote]

No, they’re using FINES to pay for projects…thereby eliminating the need to raise taxes. You’re not being FORCED to break the law.

Thats why I ride the sexy train through Vaginia…much safer

WOOOT WOOOOT

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:14,topic:31686"”]

No, they’re using FINES to pay for projects…thereby eliminating the need to raise taxes. You’re not being FORCED to break the law.

[/quote]

I know that but, it is just strange that they are actually admiting it.:biglaugh:

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:8,topic:31686"”]

WTF?

[/quote]

VA openly admits and is PROUD of their revenue raised by traffic courts. while i lived there, there was an article in the pilot about how they COMPETE with other jurisdictions over revenue raised from shit like this, and how they are the reigning “champions” for the past 4 years running or something…

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:12,topic:31686"”]

I say this law won’t pass…

[/quote]

The law goes into effect this Sunday.

Edit: Up to $3000? I think this will increase the number of high speed chases.

where’s haenszel on this? he was given a reckless driving ticket and faced 90 days in prison or something obscene

I got 76 in a 55. Reckless, failure to have Reg. document, and Failure to obtain a VA license etc etc.

I was cruising to work on a saturday, genuinely just cruising with traffic… BOOM reckless.

As of July 1, anything over 90mph is 1 day in jail PER mph over. no more 120mph pulls :wink: – 30 days, Plus reckless, fines, and loss of license is not worth it.

I drive to maryland to have fun now.

Fuck Off Virginia.

Edit: They have mustang’s, civics, TTCamaros, explorers, chargers etc… all unmarked… just cruising through traffic everyday. And they also have cops waiting at toll booths to check your inspection/reg on the daily.