New Acura...

We got 7 CSX’s delivered today at the dealership. I spent my morning moving them around and fueling/unwrapping for the big fancy release on Tuesday (the bosses want a couple in the showroom on Monday morning, bastards.)

First impressions came about like this - “Oh look, we got the CSXs, they look kinda cool.” “Wow, the dash is like 17feet in front of me.” “lol, digital speedo/coolant/fuel gauges, how do I know how much fuel is in it now I hope I make it to the gas station” “Holy soul-less clutch batman” “Oo neat, paddle shifters”(on the automatics) “They sure are laggy to shift aren’t they” “F*ck, its snowing” “Detuned RSX engine manages to sound cooler then the RSX engine” “Stupid cold leather, where’s that seat heater button?” “Wow, navigation… Where the hell is the radio?” “Wow, navigation… How the hell do I turn it on?” “Damn, foggy windows, where the hell is the defog button?”

Then we popped the hood and found the engine stuffed in… a la Volkswagen. You’d have to take off the window cowl to get to the frickin spark plugs even. Silly Honda.

Questions, comments can be directed to my secretary.

Ya ya, its Honda, its FWD, its odd. Whatever.

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-22093-513013-22097/Acura%20CSX.jpg

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-22093-494464-20866/CivicCSX.jpg

Does it also come in cloth w/out navi? I was looking at it today, seems like an awesome replacement for the corolla, but nobody in my family likes leather, so we’d rather not pay for something we dislike anyway.

Yup.

I think even the base model has the 6 disc changer if thats any other selling point.

Motion to Ban!

Andrew.

Seems like car manufacturers are afraid to put any hard lines or corners in their designs these days! The second shot of the new Civic looks like the roof line of an Echo for gods sake… what is the world coming to…

The headlights on the CSX look like those on the Saturn ION.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/saturn_ion_2quadcoupe_2005_exterior_3_346x270.jpg[/img]

You want to ban the only active member of your team?

I just don’t understand you Andrew.

Detuned RSX engine? lol i’m surprised you work at Acura dealership.

Oh wiat you’re the sale man lol, thats right they know nothing about car they’re selling.

Only Si model would be even considered deturne K20. And only SIR considerd detuned K20A.

Good luck selling those POS. I cant believe Honda have ruined the looks lately for the past few years.

Umm… what’s your reasoning there? Because the 2006 CSX’s K20 is less powerful than the 2006 Civic which is less powerful than the 2006 RSX-S K20? That’s kind of ridiculous. Aren’t you forgetting there is also ANOTHER RSX other than the Type-S, and this OTHER RSX makes 160hp… Does that mean it’s a detuned Civic Si motor in the regular RSX? It’s a K20. It makes less power than the original RSX and RSX-S K20. It has no real mechanical differences. It is a detuned K20 ergo RSX motor.

Or did you say that because you didn’t bother to read that the CSX has a K20 and doesn’t have the crappy 1.8L it used to have when it was just an EL?

I hate how this car looks EXACTLY like the Civic, same as the old EL looked exactly like the civic…
They only sell these cars in Canada, is that because only we’re stupid enough to pay an extra $10,000 for a civic?

Same build quality, almost identical cars except… woo… the Acura has LEATHER (leather blows btw, seats are for sitting on not looking cool).

Oh wiat you’re the sale man lol, thats right they know nothing about car they’re selling.

BTW there is no SiR anymore… and BEFORE the 2006 model year the “Si” didn’t even HAVE a K20 in canada. The new Civic Si is the only Si now, the SiR badge is dead and we’re now going to match the US market naming scheme.
So before you start insulting this guys job why don’t you get your facts straight and try to not look like another punkass retard on this forum with a low post count but enough of an ass to insult other members.

BTW there is no SiR anymore… and BEFORE the 2006 model year the “Si” didn’t even HAVE a K20 in canada. The new Civic Si is the only Si now, the SiR badge is dead and we’re now going to match the US market naming scheme.
So before you start insulting this guys job why don’t you get your facts straight and try to not look like another punkass retard on this forum with a low post count but enough of an ass to insult other members.[/quote]

hes mr honda hardcore thou straight from japan land… and honda is just like way up there vs nissan dont’cha know.

Ohh I seeee
Yes I forgot that in japan Honda is ultima and Nissan and toyota and mazda are nothing…

I love how JDM games occasionally don’t even HAVE honda cars… that’s cause they know the game would be WAYY to over balanced towards hondas.

Hmm my post was a bit harsh, but I hate when people start their first post in a thread by insulting someone. And I hadn’t had any coffee yet…
So addicted…

It looks very Jetta-ish to me.

yea it really does have that jetta ish look to it…

and dc5r… watch yourself… clearly your just shooting your mouth off… and we dont take well to internet knowitalls…

:wink: so keep ur mouth shut.

GT

So is this replacing the 1.7 EL I asume? . Maybe most the people on this forum might not like it even if it had a Nissan logo on it and I think that’s mainly because a product like this is aimed at a different market, not the one we are in. Personally I don’t like it but I guess for someone who is looking for a fuel efficient compact with enough room for some baby seats etc. plus a few extras it’s an okay car but since most of us are not in that market it doesn’t appeal much to us. But Im sure it will do well anyways.

Andrew - STFU n00b :stuck_out_tongue:

Jesse Jericho - Second pic is a JDM Civic, which looks mostly the same as the CSX.

DC5R - It is a detuned RSX engine. Probably all its got is a different engine code at the end. Still a K20, but not an A3. I’m the wash bitch btw, and proud of it. Either way, I still don’t know anything.

They should sell well, we’ve had good response so far.

Toronto - Ya, it replaces the EL. Apparently it competes with the likes of the Audi A3… I think it would make a good winter beater :lol:

it is probably a similar motor to k20a3 that is found in base rsx and most recent civic sir. In no way is this comparable to the k20a2 found in 02-04 type-s’s. Si still can’t keep up with type-s but for 10,000$ less and a navi option… it’s DEFINITELY worth considering…

you are an idiot.

Once you add on the options the CSX is $30,000…
You could get a honda accord V6 for that.
I really don’t understand this car’s target market… it’s a civic with leather for the price of an Accord…

:lol: I’m a noob now
Theo, Maurice is still learning how to walk tho.
God I love offtopic

Andrew.