New addition - diesel round 2

Not bad for $500 really

Agreed. Iā€™m looking for reviews and can only find feedback for diesel BMWs in the US.

Once Iā€™m out of warranty (soon) Iā€™ll probably get this. I at least want an IIDTool.

Couple minor updates. I added a JL sub since the factory system was severely lacking. I also put Nokkians on for Winter and plastidipped the wheels. Once I figure out the best option, a tune will be next.

• Updated - - -

This is one thing Iā€™m getting, not including tune: https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/shop/iidtool-bt/

Looks awesome

Related. Staged, but related:

Thatā€™s pretty cool. I drove mine over the corner of a snowbank in my driveway to get the mail without exiting the car. It was also pretty exhilarating.

lol.

I drove mine in the rain yesterdayā€¦thrill of a lifetime.

lol, but you guys could climb a shit ton of Chinese stairs if you wanted to.

1 Like

But I would have to transport it to China firstā€¦seems like a poor investment.

Does it climb american stairs as well?

Further testing would be needed.

Any longer-term update on the reliability of that tune? :face_with_monocle:

So far, so good. Youā€™ve driven in it so you know what it feels like. Iā€™d so it doesnā€™t deliver any of the claimed MPG gains. As far as reliability, thereā€™s nothing (negative) to report and I have at least 10k miles since the tune.

1 Like

:thinking::star_struck::hear_no_evil:

UPDATE: I ended up emailing VelocityAP directly to ask them if the 2018+ V8 SC tune resulted in the SVR burbles. The response I got was that ā€œIf you request burbles when you submit your original file for modification we can add them for you. The exact sound wonā€™t be the same, as the SVR has a louder exhaust, but we can induce them in the same way.ā€

1 Like