new car return laws?????

long story short, i bougt an 06 se-r, so i can have less miles because im moving to philly. i traded in my 04 for it. this was 8 days ago. the dealer switched all of my parts from the 04 to the 06. now there is a cel. it had been there 4 times for this, and this is the 5th totla day its been there. i told the salesman i want to return the car if it doesn’t get fixed, the sales manager said we could work something out. what are my rights in this matter? and please, no smart ass edgar snyder replies.

wierd. ill poke around, see whats up

what parts did they swap? and what CEL are you getting?

…and what dealership?

lemonlaw.com

they have the criteria that must be met and how to go about doing it.

its up here at wright.

are the parts you swapped anyting electrical?

is it a new car never registered car.or just a new car to you

This is all useless inless you tell us what the code is. I doubt you can get a lemon law. They will just blame your aftermarket parts.

it was used.

no lemon law then

wrong

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/PA_LemonGuide.html

they didn’t give me what code was thrown. i had them swap my nismo cai, catback, and hotshot header. i flipped when the guy said if it was from the cai, he couldn’t do anything about it because they don’t deal with performance parts!!!nismo is from nissan i told him. he said i know but we don’t deal with them, i said you sell them right??? i think he was 1/2 retarded or something. the salesman, sales manager and everyone up ther are cool. its the f-ing retards around back i hate. i told my salesman if it happens again, i want my old car back. he asked his boss, and his boss said fine.

so i get off work at 6pm today. no phone call. i call up there, and the guy said my maf sensor went bad from the cai. even though it never went bad on my old one. he then told me that he would replace this one for free, but the next one would be a charge because of my highly modified engine. i/h/e=highly modified??? i missed that one somewhere. anyway, it is supposed to be done tom(friday). well, in my own time, i looked up the b15 chassis on the sentra forums in more detail. and i went to a place online that must be impossible for wright nissan service to get WWW.NISSANUSA.COM/NISMO!!!
on there, i found out that the cai for the 05/06 is slightly different in the fact that there is a place to hook up the hose that got tied up on the 02-04 versions. 15-20 nissan certified mechanics, and not one of them could figure that out.
anyway, i called back my salesman, and he said he would tell them/take care of it. i told him to keep my 04 cai, and give a 06 one. i told him if i would have known this 8 days ago, we could have worked it into the deal, and he understands. i’ll see tom what happens. if you watch the news tom night, and hear about a guy beating a mechanic wtih a cai, and not hearing from me for a while on here, chances are its me doing it…

in thier defense, they have ALOT more things to do than sit at a computer and research online if your CAI works on the right application. im sure they kinda expected since you had it, it was supposed to be working

I cant believe that they are being this helpful with you. They either really ripped you off on the front end of that deal or you should be really thankful that they are doing as much as they are. Most dealers wouldn’t do this kind of work on a trade in/used car purchase.

i know that. but that was the only reason i bought the car. i was looking at a used maxima, and it was nice, but then i was thinking about how everything i bought for my car would be useless, including my rims sitting in my garage. i told them if i buy the car, i want everything swapped or no deal, and it has to work. i gave them the option of letting me go to a shop(hybrid), but the sales manager said they can handle it.
i
i just want it to work the way my 04 id. im not asking for anything else to put my car by them. if they couldn’t have done it right, i wouldn’t have bought the car. and i know i found out about my cai on my own time, but i can’t believe not 1 mechanic didn’t know about them being different. i’ll see what happens today.

are you sure that the code is from the intake? dont the nismo headers for those cars eliminate a cat? that will also cause a code.
i know it seems like a simple problem you are having and that they should have found it, but i dont think those guys really think that way. theyre not a performance shop. theyre programmed to change oil, align wheels, etc. if you get a guy that goes the extra mile to research your intake its only because he has some personal interest in it, he’s not doing it to accellerate his career, or get a big raise.

I dont think you realize that Techs dont get paid to stand around and look up the proper cold air intake for your Nissan Sentra. They get paid a precent of an hour to install a part and thats it. Do you think that any of them give a shit? no they dont. If the MAF sensor failed isnt your car still coverd under a factory warrenty? Does your header delete on of your cats? Because thats going to cause problems.

When it really comes down to it, your putting a bunch of parts on a car that dont belong there. You can sit here and tell me how there nismo and all that bullshit but it dosent matter. that car was made for fuel economey not to be a race car. Its not the cars fault the drivers and idiot…

it’s not the car’s fault the driver is AN idiot…

or the person typing this.

Wow wish I had the time to play grammer police

I wonder if the parts they put on his car voided the warranty