New car

Not sure how it happened but wifey said for the last few months she wanted a car. I didn’t take her seriously.

She drove me to the Toyota dealership. Within 40 minutes, walked out with a 2008 Scion TC with a few options. I’ll post pictures later. It’s actually a really solid ride all the way around.

I am off to do some drinking. :slight_smile:

told ya

Yep.

She tried the Honda Civic but this car just seemed to have what Civic had and more: more power/TQ with a sacrafice on MPG but still reasonable: 21/29 (2008 EPA), MUCH more roomier, bigger sunroof, bigger/better rims, 1st rate interior, BIG backseat, sporty look, nice sound system, comfortable seats, etc…

It was just a good car at everything it did.

I did manage to get the Civic for $100 OVER invoice. The EXL went from $22,400 down to $19,700. :slight_smile:

I am happy that she could have gotten a BMW M3 or even more but went with this.

Thanks for your help.

Nice, good to hear it worked out. Ive heard nothing but good about the TC’s

no prob man, glad it worked out for you. i also forgot to tell you my 73 year old grandmother has a 06 tc hahaha

I heard some bad auto tranny problems?

To be fair, Toyota/Scion is just ridiculous. I spent a lot of time at the Westchester Toyota and sitting in their cars.

The Highlander makes me drool if I had $37K and didn’t give a shit. The Matrix is a tad tight but man, it’s another solid car all the way around. The Solara would probably be my next car if it got better MPG. I am just so impressed with their entire line.

Also, the new XB looks pretty slick too. Not my bag but it’s a huge improvement.,=