New Daily….finally

My 2002 Denali still ran like a beast at 265,000 miles, but was starting to look a little rough around the edges. I put it off for a few years, but finally pulled the trigger on a new daily below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32008[/ATTACH]

It’s a 2012 Tahoe Z71. Took the bug deflector off, don’t worry. I love the truck, runs very smooth, should get a little better MPG’s with the smaller 5.3, but still runs strong. I wish it had a sunroof, but it fit most of my wish list and was just good timing I suppose. I may get some nicer rims for summer driving and keep these for the winter, but other than that plan to just drive it and keep it reliable.

Nice ride. New wheels on that thing can make a big difference IMHO.

X…

Thanks. I agree the wheels are a little boring. I’m aiming towards the 20 inch wheels that are on the new Sierra’s

My buddy has one and it’s quite nice. Agree with Xander on the wheels.

I put a set of OE Wheels 20" Texas style rims on my Silverado, and the quality isn’t there compared to factory stuff. I know everyone raves about them on LS1tech, but Buffalo winters with salt will destroy a mediocre rim. If you get the Sierra rims, get real ones. Unless you want a summer set and keep the current rims as a winter set.

Looks great always loved the z71 grey bumper bottom.

Thanks guys. Joelster that was actually my plan to get the OE wheels knockoffs. Don’t want to spend too much money on this truck. Also did plan to keep the current wheels for the winter. Either way it’s not on the top of my priority list right now. Coincidently, I know my parents both had issues with their OEM wheels with aggressive peeling and corrosion. One was GMC chrome, the other polished Cadillac. I had a set of OE’s years ago on the blue Camaro. Not bad but you could definitely tell the inside of the rim wasn’t finished well.

Good tip either way, thanks.

DOD AFM engine?

It does have DOD. Haven’t “been on the road” with it yet, but just watching the instant MPG’s, I can tell it’ll be pretty damn decent for a full sized truck.

My truck gets over 20 on the thruway with DOD. Nice purchase Billiam.