New guy

Hey guys, looking forward to some get get-togethers this summer. I have a 2006 350z and I am currently building my own turbo kit, all the fabrication/welding is done by me.

Close to completion:

More details here:

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/406998-my-winter-project-turbo-fabrication.html

I am also waiting for some S5:F rims, with 255/35/19F 295/30/19R. These are the rims:

http://www.ob-photo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/rc_jiminez_16_obphoto.jpg

my car is also silver. Other than a Blitz spoiler it is stock. More mods to come down the road, when the budget allows for it.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you at some meets and track days :biggrin:
Looks like a fun project!

Welcome! looks like an awesome car

Nice… Saw your car on 780

Cool setup. What was your reasoning for setting the turbo below the engine as opposed to elsewhere? Just curious, it looks very unique and I have never seen this type of setup before. And welcome to NECC!

Well, when I had a look at the Turbonetics setup it just seemed dumb to put the turbo so high up in the engine bay, the Power Lab kit is the same way. There is so much piping under the hood and with that the temperatures go waaaay up. I had a chance to look at the Turbonetics kit after some spirited driving, and I when I touched the intake piping just before the TB I almost burnt my hand.

There is also all the exhaust piping being so close to vital electrical/airconditioning/cooling lines. So that was another detering factor.

I really like the APS single turbo kit, and actually wanted to put my turbo in that location. Unfortunetly APS has the custom Garrett GT35R compressor housing that is much smaller than the TO4S that I have, so it wouldn’t fit. So I had a look around and put it where I had room to work with. IMO it turned out really well, and i think my IAT will be nice and low. I am using a weldon scavenge pump to return the oil back to the pan, other than that it’s just like any other turbo.

Not to mention that the entire setup (not including Haltech) cost me just under $3000 Canadian

Nice work, I’ve spent some recent intamite time under my car this last weekend and know the void you’ve got your turbo in. I like it, it should keep things nice and cool. Where did you relocate the Passenger side 02 sensor?? I see the drivers side it’s obvious but the passenger side i’m at a loss.

Cheers

The passenger side O2 sensor is is a bit higher up there, don’t have a picture of it but this picture shows how the exhaust comes together, it’s all stainless steel:

This was taken before I welded the bungs on the passenger side. Both bungs are on the second 90 deg elsbow on the right side. When I bough the Haltech I also got the dual wideband controller with two O2 sensors, one for each bank ofcourse, hence all the O2 bungs. This should help with tuning.

That is a cool setup, can’t wait to see it in person. Make sure you come out to some cruises this summer :smiley:

Damn, wanna do a turbo kit for my Alty?

Haha, sure. But you have to pay, I got kids to feed…

HI:001_tt2:

Gord, you are all over the place. Doesn’t Cam need help or something?? :lol:

So is that a screamer pipe i see in the first pic?

Not sure what you mean by “screamer”…

Thats what the “kids” call an external waste gate.

I need help for my motor pull this week end:w00t:

No, can’t see it from there. This is it:

haha make 2 of those!!! i want one for my VQ…cant wait to see the finished product!!..if your ever going to build another, let me know because i would be very very interested

There is a good possibility that I will make a few of these. The car is done and on the road, pulls hard and it seems to be flawels. So glad I decide to do this myslef, instead of paying for a shitty $5500 Turbonetics kit.

The car: