New Husqvarna. I want.

Are these things fun to ride? Ive never been on one so im asking sincerely, not being an ass for once.

^imo, more fun than a ‘streetbike’
Loads of torque, and the weight keeps them agile in the corners.

Something about riding a ‘very quick’ dirtbike, ON road, with the big brakes/rubber
is appealing to me…depends on your background/experience and riding style

Looking to get a fun bike with good gas mileage for a commuter.

Well, I can almost promise ~100hp out of a 350lb ‘dirtbike’ would be somewhere between fun and scary.
I’d consider riding one with a smaller motor first…even a 450/4stroke (dirt) with half the power of the bike in this thread is enough to rip off the arms of inexperienced riders.

Arm Pump. It sucks, lol.

Dude my big ass on an old CR125 makes me feel like I’m strapped to a fucking rocket when it gets in the powerband with what? 30-35hp at most?! Granted I’m NOT an experienced rider by any means.

Lolol, at least u have the common sense to know what you can/can’t do and don’t just go balls out.
The difference between a 125 and 250 is night and day difference, power wise.

450s are almost too fast, and barely get to third gear on most tracks.
Power:weight on this new bike is insane. No fairings/shield/anything lol

If I had the money id buy, and ride the absolute shit out of it.

get a suzuki sv650. its actually one of the most fuel efficent bikes over 500cc at something around 50mpg, or at least it was when i was reseaching it 4 years ago

i hear husqvarna and i think of lawn equipment but this looks pretty bad ass

i had a husqvarna SMR 510, without a doubt the most fun I’ve ever had on two wheels (and often one wheel)… They were 273lbs wet and 60hp.

define “good gas mileage”

Nuts to butts.

I thought 450 four stokes were comparable to 250 two strokes?

they are. for a racing class. but the 450 torque kills the 2stroke bikes around smaller circuits

Better than my cars 14 abd 25 mpg ratings. I feel like with one of these id get in less trouble vs like a gsxr 750.

i have got in no trouble with my GSXR-750. i get 45-46mpg.

Not so much. Maybe top speed/ gear ratio- but from a motox standpoint, where its often up hill/steep ramp (I nvr raced arena, but ever been to a place called Unadilla ?lol) 450s dominate. The reliability/torque of 450s is why the two stroke is dying in racing today

That and the major push for four strokes in pretty much every manufacturer due to emissions regulations. Stand up jetskis have basically been phased out because they don’t do well with the heavier four stroke engines and the two strokes are illegal now. I understand that it’s a different application and situation in the dirt, but the same issue is still lingering in the background, pushing just that little bit more.

Pretty much every bike is better than your car other than the dodge tomahawk…:rofl

Not getting in trouble is about your mind set about riding, not engine displacement; having said that, less power will always give you more room to save yourself from getting into one.

Enjoy.

I like that alot, u should get one again James. just no side walks this time lol

i’ll bet the MSRP is like $16K+