Quad Vs Bike

OK so the idiot that was going to sell me his quad…lets just say the ad wasn’t anything close to the condition of it in person.

With that being said, I’m in a pickle (LOL). I ride quads at heathers (gf) and only rode a 250 once. granted i don’t want something that bike just yet. a 125 should do. but I’m still torn between a bike vs a quad.

Which models for both are good? I’m kinda looking at nothing new at the moment. maybe pre 04…

Definately quad. You can go alot more places and ride thru more shit than a dirt bike.

If youre looking to buy one go to a dealer and see how much leftover models are. Im only paying $69 a month for my '07 Outlaw that I bought last fall as a leftover.

If youre getting a loan for it financing actually costs more for a used one than a new one. One of the guys I was riding with found that out when he bought his quad a few weeks ago.

Ya, ive been doing shopping slowly. The last time i went to Troy city was 3years ago when 91TEG was looking for a bike. HORRBLE selection…

Ill have to go again. 69? is that for 5 years? i really want a new one but really rather take out a loan or something for an older model. …that sounds stupid reading that last sentence… lol. ill have to stop by a bunch of places tommrow in the morning.

Mine is $69 until its paid for. No amount of years.

The guy that just bought one tried to get a loan for a used one and it would be $100 a month but his brand new quad is $49 a month.

I dont think anybody is open tomorrow.

ya i forgot tommorows sunday… Seamors still have that track you can ride on?

How do you figure you can get through more shit on a quad?

You can go over/through damn near anything on a dirt bike…

Dirtbikes are more fun imo. What do you do mostly? More interested in mudding and trails? Jumps at all? It really comes down to what you like more and what you plan to do with it.

+1.

id rather have 2 wheels

No clue. Ive never been there. I bought mine at Griffin’s.

I never see dirt bikes going thru all the mud and water we ride thru on the trails we ride on. I know a quad is alot more stable than a dirtbike is.

Quads can also somewhat make their own trails and run over stuff alot better like logs.

Honestly quads are way more limited than dirtbikes.

More weight=less fun

Always.

Quads are not more stable.

So hows that diet coming along? :haha

Well a dirtbike needs the rider to balance it and a quad has 4 wheels on the ground and a bit less depends on the rider.

Sure a quad can be tipped/rolled/etc but to me its easier to lay down a dirtbike.

I’d rather fall on a dirtbike than roll a quad where you are trapped and fucked if that thing rolls on top of you.

Dirt bike > quad

skill> you.

Well Im a fairly big guy and my quad isnt all that heavy so Id probably be able to get out from under it ok.

Ive only ridden one dirtbike in my life and it was an 80cc when I was alot younger. I didnt lay it down or anything but I didnt ride it far.

Ive yet to flip my quad or hurt myself riding it. I just use a decent amount of caution most of the time.

im no travis pastrana on a bike, but i still recognize bike> quad.

when you got a broken neck, or arm or leg when that thing pins you between a rock or a tree, youll be like i wish i had a dirtbike.

chances are you would have been able to ditch the bike, or highside it and land away from it and walk away

Ive just always liked quads more. I used to ride my uncle’s 4Trax alot when I was younger. I did flip that once going up a hill. I fucked up my wrist a bit back then but I was only 18 or so.