New Importer/Exporter on your forums

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place,but I did send a message to the Mod’s about advertising on this site,and I am just awaiting a reply.

My company is a Canadian Registered importer,and we carry our product here in the Montreal area.

Over the next few weeks our website will be opened www.jrydz.com and you will be able to view our lineup online.

The cars featured here are vehicles that we have purchased and will be in Montreal stock as soon as the space is availible in the boats,many that will be listed have already arrived.

We will be working as well with an associate in the Ottawa area in order to supply Certified and Etested vehicles to the Ontario market.

All the cars carried in Montreal stock will already be SAAQ certified before sale,so the Ontario certification should pass very easily.

My Name is Paulo Nunes,my company is MFM International Inc,my direct number is 514-914-3446,and we can serve you in French,English,Portugese,and even in Greek should you desire.

my email address is mfm@bell.blackberry.net and I look forward to being able to post what we have availible for your viewing.

I look forward to working with the members of SON240SX for your high quality needs in JDM vehicles.

MOD’S: if this post is offencive or in the wrong location,please move accordingly

Thankyou

Paulo Nunes

Thanks for joining us, but you also might want to post this intro in the new user section, they actually have a “new user intro” thread going.

Either way, Son Welcomes you

Hi

I looked at that before posting here,but it seemed geared for actual members and their cars,so I didn’t want to pollute that thread for nothing.
Thanks for the welcom

Paulo

Good luck with your business… though it’s not the best timing with talks about TC changing the exemption clause. :cry:

I’d also go post on www.neo240sx.ca if your gonan be in the Ottawa Area.

Hi There

Yep I heard that as well,but I have also heard that they will reduce the years from 15 accordingly down.

Until TC actually makes a ruling,nothing will change.

In any case all the cars already in country will always be allowed to stay.

The gov’t of Australia recently changed the policies in that country to limit imports to 25 years old ,as in the US.

But honestly the Australian market was HUGE for Japan,Canada is still very small ,though we do import on average about 200 JDM cars/Trucks per month.

I don’t know that anyone can make a real business out of importing these cars,I do it because I love the cars,and I have a shop that retails all sorts of parts ect,so this was an extension of the parts sales,for me the real perks of this is getting to drive some amazing examples of cars/trucks that we never got here.

I have sold quite a few so far,and I don’t buy anything I would not want to drive or keep for myself,so I do have a mixture of interesting vehicles on hand.

So far there is only one that I will absolutely keep for myself,a 1990 Skyline GTST that we have as a drift car,in order to sell this one I would have to get top dollar and I’m not that interested,so this one will see track time only.

But we do have some really nice Silivia’s and 180Sx’s on the way,price may be slightly high,but the cars are exceptional examples.

Looking forward to reading some of your comments on the cars I post,it may help gauge interest for future purchases.

Thanks

Paulo

TC will not REDUCE the number, they will increase it. And unlike the US and Australia… I doubt Canada will be given the option of modifying a vehicle to make it meet or exceed CMVSS.

Hi nightrider

Did you see any of this posted anywhere yet or on a TC site somplace.

I will speak with some of the exporters in Japan this evening and see if they have any wind of this as well.

I checked on the TC site and there is no mention of impending legislation about this.

let me know

Paulo

Well it wont be an overnight change, there will be notice of it. And please for the love of GOD do NOT inform any companies in Japan of the possibly change… because they will jack up prices for cars coming to Canada if they think we are desperate because of the possible law changes.

It hasn’t been mentioned officially on any government website… but there have been some leaked TC documents (check out GTRC) regarding this.

I heard the initial plan at the end of last year was to bump up to 20 years :-/

we’ll see if it happends.

Well guys

I don’t know if it will happen or not,if does,it did.

The only guys who lose are the enthuisiasts like us.

the guys in OZ that were set up for years in this activity,they really took this hard,us in Canada have only really started doing this in the last few years.

once the cars have arrived they can’t send them back,they have collected taxes,they are registered and they have to live with them forever.

This faze will last a little while and then settle out,the 200 plus cars coming in every month will then taper off somewhat,as there are still people who will ask me if they have to change the steering over,and is te car legal here ect ect.

So we know these car are not for the masses,and honestly we really don’t want the masses to clue in too much.

the person who wants these cars,knows what he/she wants,something special,something unavailible to everyone,lest face it thats why you dont see Bentley’s on every corner.

They do cost more than the same model here(in the caes of a 240/180) but the buyer knows why he paid more,special,rare,the only one in town ect.

The reason I like them is they were actually designed and made this way,its not a converted car (no disrespect to SR conv’s) it can easily be insured as something special with programs like Silver Wheels,you dont have to expain anything to your insurance company when you have a claim,its all above board.

So if TC wants to close the door,there is not much that I or any other importer can do,I do this for the love of these cars,if I wanted to make any real money I would open a “dollar store”

in the meantime,enjoy what you have,and if you need clean unmolested JDM vehicles,it would be my pleasure to speak with you about your dream,and if we can help you achive it.

Best Regards

Paulo
MFM International Inc.
Montreal