Hi Everybody. I’m new here.

My name is Mike.
I just became the new owner of an 2003 SER Spec V, and am happy to join the Nissan family. :E

I look forward to becoming an active member on this board.
Would someone please be so kind as to inform me about membership fees etc.?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hey hey! Membership information can be found in the join section of the main page. :partyman:

ANOTHER SPEC 5? LOLZ, N00B! :E

Welcome to the club, mang! Nice color choice too, Sunburst with the 02/03 front end is really nice. Did you get it with the Lava or the Silver interior?

Info on joining up:
http://www.n-e-c-c.com/join.html

Hey thanks for the info :slight_smile: Yep another spec 5 hahaha.

I got my car with the silver/black interior, and my front bumper got a nice big paint chip in it so it looks like it has a mole. Maybe you guys have seen me around.

Anyways, I would like to contribuite to this forum, and cash is the best way for me. The next meeting is on December 4, right?

Sure is! We’d love to see your car there. (Random Austin Powers reference - MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY… :D)

Have you done any mods to your car at all?

If you need help, Chasenyadown/Nick, 2003SpecV/Louis, and Myself (Kris) can help you with everything from CAI, cams, and suspension. Also, if you haven’t loctited your butterfly valves, I’d encourage you to do so. I can help you with that, also!

Again, welcome to the club. :smiley:

Hahaha moley moley, I forgot all about that. :lol:

I’ll definetely be at the meet next Sunday, and to answer your questions:

I have no mods done to my car as of yet :oops: , but I plan on getting some bolt-on’s

after winter. However, getting a header to get the peace of mind from not having my

pre-cat fail would be awesome. Anybody have the Nismo R-Tune header, or any other

recommendations?

And lastly no I haven’t loctited my butterfly screws yet. I’ve been meaning to do it,

but the rigors of life keep post poning it. I’m also kind of scared to take apart the intake

manifold due to worries of messing something up. I would gladly take you up on your

offer to help me with the butterfly screws, it would give me so much peace of mind.

Thanks again, this forum is so much better and friendlier than b15sentra.net, and its

local! 8)

Welcome to the club Mike, thanks for getting Kris all excited :roll: That’s the last thing we need now :lol:

Now we can finally have some of the yellow banana Sentra battles we’ve been waiting for!

Dave, shut your mouth or I’ll give you a bannana that will. :wink:

Nick had the R-tune header, I do believe. You’re better off buying a hotshot, like I have, or if you don’t care about looks, go with a megan racing or ss autochrome. The performance is pretty much equal across the board. Actually, if you really want to go hard, buy a Strup or DC Sports header, they replace both the header and the midpipe (pipe between the header and catback), and they won’t cost too much more than just a straight header.

As far as the screws, it’s pretty easy. I did mine alone in about 2 hours being really careful. If you have the time some weekend, we could probably get it done in 90 mins or less, although if you’re thinking about getting a CAI it will make taking the intake apart a lot easier. I also have all the stuff we’d need to do it, so it wouldn’t cost you more than a beer or a can of pop. :slight_smile:

Forgot, when I said we could help you with mods, I don’t have my mods listed at all:
Power: CAI, Header, Midpipe, Exhaust, Camshafts, Motor mount inserts, grounding kit
Suspension: (All nismo) Front/Rear Swaybars, lower tie bar,suspension, strut tower bar
Brakes: Stainless brake/clutch lines

The only mods I didn’t do myself were the stainless lines and motor mounts. Anything else I would be willing and ready to help you with. :slight_smile:

welcome to the board! good to see some more spec’s. i dont think i’ve ever seen a 03 in that colour, i would love to see it at the meet, but sadly im going on vacation and will be where its warm. oh well.

Awww dude -10 points for you! You call him a NOOB and then ask whether he has lava or silver seats after he posted it’s an 03??? WTF dude! You don’t deserve teh Spec V! You should know that all 03’s had silver seats.

Welcome to the boards Mike! :hi

Welcome Mike. Looking forward to you kicking some Pyrex ass at the next track event. This has become a pick on Kris thread hasn’t it?

Seriously though Mike. Welcome aboard.

Hmm, I thought the early 2k3’s came with lava and the later cars came with silver.

Oh well, I never claimed to be the UberSpec enthusiast. :smiley:

Hey wait a second, you’re an s13 driver! Why a brutha always gotta keep a Spec man down? :E

Mike, does your car have gunmetal painted stock wheels, by chance?

Welcome, now a 03 in yellow sweet. :wow

Why am I never mentioned??? WHY???

If you need help and want to do it in a heated shop with all the tools then want to dyno it later without Nick, Louis, or Kris let me know :finga: ok maybe Louis just cause he sold me a header :E

Because you touch yourself at night. :E

Because Ryan, I always forget your associations with local shops and pretend that I’m actually halfway competent at mechanicals and just lucky that my car didn’t just fall off the jacks and kill my stupid ass. :E

Yeah, Ryan’s a nice guy - he can help too. Just don’t give him any Tim Horton’s Timbits. For the love of god, don’t do it. :smiley:

lol Timbits are like crack to me… And it makes my lips white. You can pay in Timbits :E

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes people! :smiley:

My car has the winter steelies on right now, and my stock 17’s are the factory bright

silver I guess you would call it? It’s my understanding that gunmetal is a darker color

correct? Thank you to all who have offered to help me with my car, I just joined and

everyone has been nothing but nice. I look forward to meeting you all, and hopefully

learning all your names.

And as a side note, Ryan, Timbits turn your lips white? So I take it you like the powder

sugar coated Timbits, or are you referencing Tyrone Biggums??

Damb rights :E

:roll: oh gosh, another SPEC V guy… :hit Dont make trouble like the rest of them! :rant:

NECC: SE-R ARMY