New Parts......

Well I started getting a bunch of parts for my car. Not necessarily to make it a 1/4 mile demon, or a race car for that matter. Go the stuff mainly to help it runn better and for more points at shows. Yeah yeah I know fuck shows. Anyways I figured I would post them up since they do deal with the engine.

So far I go the MSD balster coils and 8.5 mm wires installed. Still awaiting the MSD Din-2. I also picked up my DEI CryO2 5lb tank / Intake insert / Dual Purge. The pruge is being shipped to the house since it wasn’t in stock at summit when I was out there today. I also have to get the fuel rail cooler but I have to look at the fittings first prior to buying them. Still have to make a trip to canada in october to pick up my throttle body with ported intake manifold, 12 oz crank pully, Header. My upper and lower motor mounts were shipped yesterday. The wing of doom is going to its last show end of september to be replaced with a much milder trunk spoiler that arrived a few days ago.

I’m toying with getting upgraded valves and the roller rocker from crane, but may hold off till I but the rest of the internals next fall. They are only 200 for the whole set so I may pick them up with income tax return.

This is all in preperation for the RSM supercharger I will hopfully purchase next winter.

I still havn’t figured what I want to do for injectors and fuel pump right now but I have all winter to think about it.

Anyways that my polished turd I know you don’t care but I was bored. :blue:

looking good!

2.4>2200

Its your car and all, but i think the 2200 is a pile of poop, the only three motors that should be found in a jbody are the 2.3 quad 4, 2.4 twin cam, 2.2 ecotec. And if you really want to dress up the engine bay for shows go with a motor swap, 3100, 3400, or a 3800 SC. But in any event the car looked good at the show i had this summer, and im sure with that stuff under the hood it will look even nicer. So good luck with all those mods, and ill be curious to see what your running after them.

:rofl: pittspeed got you :blue:

Just because the 2200 is a base model doesn’t mean its poop :rolleyes:

If it was Why is Haun making a turbo for it and not the 2.4. There are more guys out there doing the 2200 than you realize and its all because people like you say its a waste. If you actually BUILD the motor there is no tell what you can acomplish.

Anyways thanks for the compliments. Most if the stuff I;m adding now I don;t expect it to do much except make the motor feel stronger. Its all in preperation for the Supercharger so I’m not blowing shit up.

:dunno:

what do you mean? I never said I was against racing or building a car for better perfomance. I just had to watch because prior to this summer I wasn;t able to have it sitting on jack stands for moths on ends or whole seasons like some peoples car because it was my daily driver. Now that I have the beater and in the next 1.5 years I’ll be buying a new vehicle I can start pissing with and or breaking the motor more.

Thats been my position all along :dunno:

The 2.4 is based on the 2.3 quad 4 that was developed by olds as a race engine, take the w41, 190hp engine that was built in 1990. or the 2.3 HO with 180hp. Cars powered by these motors dominated IMSA racing in the early 90’s. The 2.4L has alot of interchangeable parts with the 2.3L. So you start out with 150hp in a 2.4 slap on some parts from older quads and your making 10-20 extra HP. Now with the 2200, weres the race bread history to it, its rated at around 120hp, so even if you add 20hp to it your not even making the 2.4L stock power. I just feel that the 2.4 is a better motor to mod. Its like modding a d16 honda motor over swapping in a b16 motor. And about hahn, i personaly though they were still going to make the LD9 kit, but maybe they are focusing more on the Ecotec now.

explain that intake system looks interesting

No they already have the eco now they are focusing on the 2200… Go read about it on the Org. They were at the bash with the parts already and taking preorders to my understanding.

The 2200 is not a race motor. Thats not saying you can’t make it into one. Quite frankly I would rather have the 2200 with less mechanical problems then the “race” built Quad for and the lovly problems that start at 60k miles, like water pump problems and so forth.

Not starting an arugument but if you don’t read or look at it then you won’t know.

i thought it was interesting so I decided to give it a try. Basically its a whole system you can piece together includeing a intake, fuel rail cooler and a intercoller sprayer that all works off CO2. The liquid CO2 fills a tear drop shape bulb in the intake and freezes it to -80 degrees. As the air hits it it colls it down and makes a denser charge, from there it will exit to the next piece which is the feul rail cooler which cools the fuel prior to entering the chamber. Form there you can branch it to a inter coller sprayer that freezes the grills of the intercooler to aid in cooling.

You can mix and match what you want. It can also be used with a nitrous system. Best thing about it is Co2 is very cheep at a gas supplier compaired to Nitrous.

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1

In my picture is the 5lb kit and the intake pipe. I had to special order the dual purge while I was at summit because they didn;t have it in stock. I also have to get the fuel rail coller when I figure out what fittings I want to use.

Here is a littel tid bit I found interesting. When I called summit last week they said the dual purge was 168. Well I went there today they ordered it for me and since it wasn;t in stock I don;t have to pay shipping. Also they only charged me 106 for it and I double checked the part number and it is the dual so I made out twice :smiley:

We are trying to figure out where we can get it to fit on my buddy from the Club’s car. he has a 2004 cav with the 2.2 eco and a stage two vortech on it. He is having problem with heat soak and there is no room for an inter cooler with out major modifications…

:dunno:

Frequently done.

B16A: 158 hp@7600rpm, 112 ft-lb
D16Y8: 127 hp @6600rpm, 107 ft-lb

it’s only 30 more hp, that you need to rev 1000rpm higher to attain. the $500 for motor mounts, and $1500-2000 for the engine swap could be sunk into the D16Y8 to make a nice amount of power.

at least you are thinking.

Besides why do what everyone else is. I think its more fun do make more out of less. Not more into slightly more.

Just my opinon.

:bigthumb:

Im not arguing im just stating my opion. im saying that the 2.4 is a better motor for modding because of all the parts interchangeablility. and that you start off with more power.

And the so called problems with the quads is related to bad matiance rather then bad design. If you treat your car good your not going to have the following problems like a blown headgasket, bad waterpump, or the #3 bearing but like i said this is from neglect. I have 105,000 miles on my car and its still running with the biggest problem being a heater core replacement (and thats probably attributed to PA winters)

You took what i said the wrong way. I was talking about the parts interchangablity, like how you can take parts from a b18 an put them on a b16

Do a 3800 swap theres what like 2 3rd gen jbodies that have that.

fuck all that. RWD + V8 + Boost = :bigok:

convert that bastard to RWD and put in an LS1

De-ricing a Cavlier > RWD + V8 + Boost

So what if the parts are inter changable. How about build the engine with high quality parts instead of junk-yarding it. Great the 2.3 stuff fits on a 2.4 its not like it give you a magical 40 HP.

Thats what i was refering to when I said actually build a motor. Not swap parts around.

Blue I don’t have the income for that. Maybe if we still lived in our old apartment. Chirst the tub and plumbing just got done in the bathroom friday now I went out and dropped 500 on the rest of it. This Bathroom project is costing me about 4 grand this month. After that is done I have a 155 gallon fish tank I have to build into the bar in the basement and that has to be done prior to winter so the tank doesn’t get ruined.

This is the reason I have ben playing with a fagalier for the past 3 years comparied to somthing with a V8.

And Shaggy I;m only removing the wing what esle would you like me to remove :ugh:

I don’t know is you could concider this total de ricification unless this is your guys only bitch about my car. But you and I know that is far from the truth :eek4dance