New Pricing Of $9,990 Makes 2009 Nissan Versa Cheapest New Car In USA

I just observed Nissan’s 0% financing commercial and saw a .3 second blurb that the Versa was $9,900. Searched and…

In response to the Financiapocalypse, Nissan is offering 0% financing on five of their vehicles. Most interesting, and seemingly lost in the saved-by-zerogasm, is news of a lower-priced version of the 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan that, at an MSRP of $9,990, will be the cheapest new car in the USA.

Nissan Versa 1.6S Sedan

According to Automotive News, there will be an economy version of the 2009 Nissan Versa that will have an MSRP of $9,990, more than $2,000 off the base price of the lowest level model Versa. The cheapest cars currently are the 2009 Chevy Aveo ($12,625), 2008 Kia Rio ($12,145) and 2009 Hyundai Accent ($11,070), putting the Versa well below these competitive models.

UPDATE: Nissan has revealed the details of their new Versa sedan, which explains how it will be the cheapest car in America. The new Versa sedan will be offered with a 1.6-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine as opposed to the 1.8-liter currently found in the Versa sedan and hatchback. This model will come equipped with a five-speed manual transmission that, combined with the new engine, will help it achieve 34 mpg highway. We assume there will also be some cutbacks inside, though we haven’t seen the details of that yet.

Update #2: From Nissan USA, we’re hearing that when the new, cheaper Versa comes out on November 18th here you can expect to see some more changes in addition to the new transmission and engine: different seat cloth, 14-inch wheels w/ wheel covers and less chrome accents.

As for the 0% financing, Nissan joins Toyota among Japanese automakers offering nil financing to get people to actually buy a car. The deal applies to the Rogue, Altima, Sentra, Versa and Murano (sorry Maxima buyers). The company will also offer attractive lease deals and extend their $399-a-month lease offer on the new Maxima. We like the Versa and for $9,999 it seems like a nicer choice than a Rio or an Aveo.

Doesn’t look bad handling wise, just slower than it’s 2nd placing “up” model.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/station_wagons/2007_dodge_caliber_vs_2007_honda_fit_2006_hyundai_accent_2006_kia_rio5_2007_nissan_versa_2006_suzuki_reno_2007_toyota_yaris_comparison_test+page-7.html

It say’s that is the price for the sedan. How much more is the hatch? If it is like $10,500, I might just do it.

Hatch currently not offered in the 1.6l economy model:

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/

That picture makes it look 6ft tall

10 grand for a new car thats not korean is something new

I just saw that. I sent a complaint letter to Nissan. Also asked if they are planning on making a diesel version.

I’d rather walk…

Ugly as shit. 10k can buy a lot of nice vehicles…

(but would be a decent dd for someone looking for that price on a new vehicle)

I would buy it if it still has the same general quality as other nissan products, price :tup: especially if it comes with 0%

i want one. i actually saw this today and was going to post it up.

who knows where they will have them in stock? or do you think they can be ordered through a dealer.

oh, and the 0% financing is not valuable on the $9990 on the base model. But I have zero credit anyway so couldn’t get it. This would probably be a good opportunity for me to build credit.

This thing is an awesome commuter deal if you ask me.

I have my bike to have fun with.

It’s a good deal but I’d rather go a year old with less than 15k miles and get something with ac, pw, pl, cd etc. For <10k brand new you know is going be real bare bones.

Didn’t I read a while back that Nissan was teaming up with some other company to make cars that cost like $4000.00? I think they were being made in India, maybe not street legal here.(?)

does it come with navi?

Tata?

Nissan will probably sell a bundle of them. Nothing wrong with cheap reliable transportation. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more of that in this country over the next 20 years. Reminds me a lot of my old B13, which last I looked they were still making them in Mexico. Is that 1.6L the GA16 back in the states?

whats the mpg on these bitches

DONT BUY THE NISSAN!! THEY GET HELP FROM INDIA AND YOU ARE KILLING AMERICA!

cty/hwy

lol most people can buy with a CC

@ 21.5% interest! America, FUCK YEAH!

26/34. I found it, HR16DE not GA16, whatever the difference is. :shrug:

Simple, likely reliable, cheap. It’s a great first car and/or cheap transpo for anyone with a big enough wang that they don’t have to compensate.