New Rant: Gas level indicators.

I want an after market gas level indicator in my car. Reason being, my current one fails to read below 1/4 of a tank.

However recently I’ve noticed the light does come on with around 1-3 gallons left, so today I go out and start the car before work and head off.

About 100 yards down Elmwood it runs choppy and I’m like son of a bitch. Press the gas and it sputters and dies in the middle of lunch rush hour.

Some homeless people come up and offer to help push it to the side, I gladly accept and thank them and of course the typical banter about being homeless in Buffalo and I just shrug away on my way.

I call AAA and apparently they don’t offer a roadside refill service, just a tow to a gas station, etc. Well I was like a mile from Sunoco so I just make the trip, and wtf they don’t have gas cans for sale!?!?!?!

So then I go another 1/2 mile up the road and walk into Mobil, and at 2.50/gal of course they have the mos expensive crappiest 1 gallon can every.

$10 for a 1 gallon can that has some weird release mechnaism that caused me to lose about 1/4 of a gallon.

So needless to say I want to install a video camera in my gas tank with an alert that lets me know I’m below 3 gallons. So I can see all he bs on it. RAR

Oh yeah… I am only ranting because of this it caused me to be late to work and I know time warner is gonna be a cock knocker about it and do something gay. Lame…

And yes I know this could have been avoided by simply keeping my car above the 1/4 tank mark.

haha. that sux.
I have to drop the tank on my 4runner myself. The gauge only reads when its past 3/4 tank. when the gas goes below 3/4, it’ll just drop to E, and i have no way of telling how much gas i have left.

I might fix it this weekend. :slight_smile:

Tripmeter. Fag. :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly what I was thinking. You ought to know how many miles you can go on your daily that has a shit indicator. Or you know, dont just wait till under a 1/4 tank.

Chevelle didn’t have a working fuel gauge. Trip served me well. Know it, use it, profit.

Battery was disconnected the other day due to clearing an CEL, so I had no recolection of my trip.

Normally I do go by the trip cuz its around 400/tank. However the trip read as of this morning 8.1 miles and not to mention bad o2 in front was causing me to get worse than normal mileage so I had no idea where the gas level truley was, all you noobs.

Always gotta be a dick, haha. As I posted, yes could have been fine by not going below, but usually around the 1/4 mile tank its got a good 125miles left so I could only have assumed I was fine because it read 1/4 tank.

Anywho, @ work now, no harm done yet from the lateness.

/end rant and I’m spent.

Yeah who ran out of gas this morning? :hitit: Newb.

Note to self… don’t post rant thread if my troubles were of my own doing.

i never understood people who run out of gas.

Seriously, you have a credit card, there are gas stations on every block.

Buy gas when it gets down to 1/4 a tank or so.

Its like being someone who dies of thirst in the grocery store.

Plus when you run the tank down that low, you beat up the pump.

And who wants to put a fuel pump in a car.

maybe its karma for working @ time warner

It’s gotta be.

Also did anybody read?

And yes I know this could have been avoided by simply keeping my car above the 1/4 tank mark.

I realize run out of gas = user problem. However let a fellow poster rant, jesus. Funny thing was I was planning on stopping at the Noco down the street because they had lower prices.

Me > pwnd

haha I’m supposing this is why you called me today? Sorry, I was in meetings most of the afternoon.

Yeah I called to see if you were around. Figured you were at work, but called anyways cuz I’m like that lol.

Usually it’s a written warning, unless you lied and said you were sick. And even then normally it needs to be an hour in advance.

Unless you have a badass sup in which case it might become a verbal.

I delivered pizza in a truck with no gas gauge and no working odometer. Oh, and if I put more than $10 worth of gas (which would = $15 in todays prices), the truck would reek of gas because of the bad filler neck.:lol: It would start to sputter on turns, and I knew that meant I had to get gas at the nearest station. Then one day it decided to no longer give me that 15-20 mile warning, and it just died on rt. 62. Bone dry. Then I decided to sell the truck.

Haha, I had an old ranger that did the same thing. :lol:

Only other issue though is you couldn’t tell when it was full when filling it because it kept triggering the auto shut-off even when empty. Then the same thing happened, it no longer gave warnings after finally chaning the original fuel filter that was still in place 18 years later and I ended up selling it.