New Shop!! Work on Your Own Ride

Great, if it’s also safe place to store my car for couple months - I’m in.
I’ll check this place for sure. PM sent.

Remember… PICTURES!!!:stickpoke: lol.

Pictures…well I dont have the place until the 1st. Of coarse I went inside but I didnt take pictues seeing as it was being occupied by a landscaping company…they store their trucks in it. Its very big.

Ill get pics as it stands if you really want…The first week of Feb will be when you really want to see it. We have some setting up to do.

Where Is This Place Exactly? Street And Unit #? I Would Like To Come And See The Shop Once It Is Up And Running.

Peace

O yah and another thing. For you guys that need a trailer to bring the cars in or take them to and from the track, we share half the building with Uhaul. There are always a few trailers at the back for daily rentals. :slight_smile:

is it the old speed brake and clutch building??

no it isnt. That is a different shop. Ours is down the road in the Ficher Automotive building side by side with uhaul.

this is gonna be pretty cool won’t have to head all the way to hamilton no more or freeze my ass off in my driveway during the winter. im gonna check this out for sure.

Ill make sure that when the place is ready, ill re post. I am intested right now in the feed back on who likes the idea and I want to hear suggestions. This is something new for me and the guys involved so im all ears.

For the people who want to rent out a space monthly to store there car or whatever, what does public storage charge?

Also are all places private? Like say I rented for a month or 2 to leave some engines in there or whatever it may be, how will they be secured

i love the roads tehre lol :slight_smile:
so do we need to bring our own tools?

how many hoists u have? for 10cars

Im not sure what public storage rates are…Sry.

If you rented from us to leave your engines or what ever, we have alarms, cameras that we can access at any time via the internet and the obvious locks on the doors.

I can tell you from past experience with shops, that things go missing, wheather it is tools or that last valve cover bolt. The whole reason we are doing this is because it has happened to us and it is unacceptable. We are going to have very stricked shop policies. Everyone has a very clealy marked space. NO ONE IS ALOWED IN IT OTHER THEN YOU.

Our reputation is very improtant so if this is to work out, there wil be rules that every one follows including the guys in charge!!!

When it comes to tools, we hope that you have the basics. Im guessing most guys that work on their cars have wrenches and sockets. When it comes to the hoist, press, timing light, they are available.

Again these are details that still need to be worked out. Im not going to just leave my tool chest open for everyone to grab at. :slight_smile:

Right at this very moment, the one hoist in paid for and to be delivered and installed on the 2nd of Feb. THe second one we are going to install when we get some cars in there.

The hoist is not intended to be used selfishly. You dont NEED the hoist most of the time. For example. If your working on a long term project, you jack the car and put it on stands. If all the parts are in to complete the job, like control arms and bushings, then the hoist can be used. If you pull the car apart on the hoist and need 4 weeks to get the parts, then that hoist is useless for anyone else. THis is what we are trying to avoid.

hory corora!

starting on the site this weekend - will post up a link in the next week or two once it’s done.

so, whats the ins. coverage on a car under your ‘shop space’ rental agreement?

The shop is insured as a ‘car club’ . As long as you have insurance your covered.

Great idea, we need to talk

Sure thing, chek your PM