New to me commuter

Haven’t really posted too many new auto threads on here in a while, figure I’d post this up.
I kinda go through cars quickly, mostly due to boredom. None of my cars are too exciting so I don’t really post them up.
In the past three years I’ve owned:
2011 STI
2012 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
2004 Chevy Tahoe
2007 Infiniti FX35
2011 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen
1998 BMW M3 Coupe
and now my latest:

Been looking for this car for quite a while, where i live (Pacific Northwest) cars seem to really hold their value… I think because we’re so isolated from the rest of the country. For example, a late 90s to early 2000’s Chevy S10 will still fetch over $5,000, where as in the rust belt, there well under $5,000 (quick look around 1500-3000)
I think because cars around here last a while due to no salt on the roads (our winters are harsh, but we use mostly sand, so the cars don’t rust from the inside out)

I picked this up for $8,000. It has 120k on it, and service records from when it was purchased new in California, maintained at the BMW dealer.
Body i’d rate a 10/10 for being a 2004, (taking into account normal wear and tear) no major blemishes,chips,etc
Mechanically: 10/10, everything seems tight, no grinds,slips etc

The thing I like about this car the most, is, the interior is equip with the alcantara sport seats,steering wheel,shift boot and handbrake.

Either way, this car is a large improvement compared to my E36 M3, it’s not as “fun” to drive, but much more comfortable. Especially because I commute 120 miles round trip for work.

Here’s a pic:

my last car was an e46 sedan, 5sp+sportpackage/coldweather package - i really loved it, sometimes i miss it - something really cool about these to me that i can’t put my finger on…its like a classy, but adventurous vibe they have? idk. - good buy!!

to be honest, I like the E46 MUCH more than the E90s. just a classy design.

I love my 330i. One of my favorite cars iv owned.

• Updated - - -

Also you can pick up an AUX cable off eBay for under $15. The stock headunit and stereo are nice.

^^^i had the one that plugged into the CD changer thing from the trunk, routed it to where the cupholders would be that I swapped out for the EuroTray so i could plug my phone in and close up inside there - worked great for talking on the phone too

is there a port to plug the AUX cable into the back of the stock headunit?

no - you have to plug it to where the CD changer would (edit: in the trunk)be and route it through - I’m looking for a picture of my old interior to show where i routed it…

see attached - this is the only photo i could find quickly - see cord coming from eurotray.

I can help you if need be.

All you have to do is hit the “CD” button then and it switched from the CD and AUX.

Yes. As long is its a 03+ newer unit it’s plug and play.

• Updated - - -

It’s the opposite side from the cd changer.

• Updated - - -

Here you go

i don’t mean in the head unit. I mean - if you open your trunk theres little stickers that say what the cars equipped with…if one says “prewired for cd changer” you’re good to go - mine had that but no cd changer, so i plug this unit into the trunk and route aux to wherever you want.

I routed mine into the useless sunglasses holder above the ashtray. Have a thin flat aux cable I can pull out and plug into my phone. Or can be put in the glove box.

• Updated - - -

You did more work than you had to. 2 screws to take out the headunit and can plug into that. Then keep the cable wherever you want. No need to go from the trunk all the way up front.

I have been considering one of these. and was offered one in trade straight up for my si…

great purchase. I think an e46 is in my future

CLEAN. im really surprised you only spent 8k.
these zhp’s seem to have a cult following.

I can’t wait to get back into a bmw.

I dig it :tup:

http://gromaudio.com/store/all-bmwt.html this is where i got all my audio stuff for my old e46, was nice having hands free, streaming etc

Nice score:tup: About a year ago I was searching for a ZHP, and hadI found one in that condition at that price I would have jumped on it! Never found the right one and ended up in an e90 330i.

Super surprised, ZHP’s have been basically m3 money for years, frankly it always prevented me from caring much about them, good buy :tup:

if I get another e46 I’ll be getting one of these:
http://www.dynavin.com/products/n6_e46.php
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=839753

http://www.dynavin.com/images/products/n6_e46/n6_e46_full_2.jpg

Truth. Great car for the money.

So… what is it? A light blue BMW, I know this much.