New to nissan, have some questions

Shit man, why do you see so many Civics on the track when the late Mercedes Hatch Back could rip it appart considering it was only a few thousands more expensive???

Do you get my point? What gets chosen for a track stems on so many things.

• The media forces drivers to pick cars that everyone wants to see
  • The cost and application of a car
  • Demographic of the vehicle first hand.
  • etc
  • etc

A lot of people realize AFTER the fact. Like the 240 didn’t get real track time for a long time because the original target audience was for fresh out of college looking for a nice little sport car as an intro to the more powerful cars… like the 300.

People started getting them second hand that liked to drive and could afford these cheap second hand cars. Put them to the track and eveyone noticed.
Media got involved like F&F. Like F&F 3 said, if drifting were a painting, the Silvia is like the Mona Lisa of Drifting.

The 300 is falling into that price point but insurance isn’t giving it a break, so these younger race interested drivers aren’t getting into the 300, which lets admit it. The younger drivers really drives the racing world right now. You don’t see many older 40+ people getting into really any car and putting them on the track. When they do, they pick things like the 300

pat i swear im not hating on you take it easy

The 300 is falling into that price point but insurance isn’t giving it a break, so these younger race interested drivers aren’t getting into the 300, which lets admit it. The younger drivers really drives the racing world right now. You don’t see many older 40+ people getting into really any car and putting them on the track. When they do, they pick things like the 300[/QUOTE]

such as http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1062560599/1062560599ss.htm i know but if i stuck same money in a 240 i think the car would get better times aqnd u know what maybe i jut love small cas too much I just look at this weird remeber the trans am series if they had 300 back then they would be racing it there beacuse all those cars were crappy race platforms but they still raced and it was a ton of fun to watch

hahahaha I’m not gonna hurt you man. This is how I am in a heated debate… I’m an Ex-Paralegal, remember… And before that I was a Debt Collector placing emphasis on forceful collections.
I’ve been fighting for a living for the past 7 years of my life. I had a high winning rate because I BELIEVE in what I am talking about.

You really need to work on your posting. I didn’t notice that you responded.

Anyway, about the budget. Prove it

I’m an avid s13 fan, and i know a z32 would tear apart an s13 at the track. I dont understand why you think the s13 is such an amazing car. Its a cheap budget design that works. Other than that its nothing special.

And there are z32 drifters. I believe top secret had one, till they moved onto the s15, then wrecked it and i think they’re at a Z33 right now. and D1 America has one to i think.

before i do i want to clear up something i didnt say same ratio i said same power
which means the 240 will have a bigger ratio just to clear up beacuse only a complete moron would say that cars with same ratio would win on a quarter mile because obviously they’ll accelerate at same speed, MY whole point was that if theres the same amount of power(hp/tq) then the 240 will have a bigger ratio and would obviously take it

cal plz next thing you guys are going to tell me that z32 would smoke fcs and fd on the track
pat whats your guys weight distribution? i don’t feel like looking it up
And cal U can drift a truck and race one doesn’t mean its good at it

I didn’t realize you also put red posts in one of my posts above but I said

BTW, the 300 can handle a shitload better than your 240 there bud

and you said

: DOUBT THAT ONCE AGaIN PHYSICS

Are you SERIOUS??? You want to fight over this? You’re saying that a stock S13 handles BETTER than a stock Z32???
Wow… now I’m starting to think you’re pulling this out of your ass. You seriously didn’t do any research.
Ok, fine then. Since you are the PLAINTIFF as I mentioned before, look up skidpad testing, slalom tests and braking tests on both cars. Please please, prove to me how this is you come to the conclusion that the S13 handles better.

sarcasm I guess nissan thought that MaxPherson struts on the front was a better design than upper and lower control arms on the front. I guess Nissan thought that 1 Piston caliper all around was better than a stock 4 piston caliper on the front and 2 piston on the back. end sarcasm

I really wonder why a new 240 guy puts on Z32 brake calipers every day… hmmmm, I guess the Z32 really has shitty braking/handling in comparison :{

What it can or can’t beat is not in the relm of this conversation. We’re talking about the Z32, S13, and some Skyline in there. If you want to talk that way, go converse on a Mazda forum or something.

I don’t remember what the weight distribution is. Probably somewhere along the lines of the S13. Like 52/48 or something. Haven’t really paid attention.

Seriously, you seem to think that being able to drift a car means it is superior on the track and a better handling car with more grip. Seriously think about it though. Drifting really means the wheels are slipping and has an inability to acquire traction. The driver is really the person who controls how the drift turns out.

Are you SERIOUS??? You want to fight over this? You’re saying that a stock S13 handles BETTER than a stock Z32???
Wow… now I’m starting to think you’re pulling this out of your ass. You seriously didn’t do any research.
Ok, fine then. Since you are the PLAINTIFF as I mentioned before, look up skidpad testing, slalom tests and braking tests on both cars. Please please, prove to me how this is you come to the conclusion that the S13 handles better.

sarcasm I guess nissan thought that MaxPherson struts on the front was a better design than upper and lower control arms on the front. I guess Nissan thought that 1 Piston caliper all around was better than a stock 4 piston caliper on the front and 2 piston on the back. end sarcasm

I really wonder why a new 240 guy puts on Z32 brake calipers every day… hmmmm, I guess the Z32 really has shitty braking/handling in comparison
I AGREEE
But With suspesion and a lil power im a firm believer i what i said NOT STOCK
And yes z32s have a lot more cooler stuff on such as MaxPherson struts and the 4 piston breaks which i want myself

All I have to add is, WOW

Pat, your talking to a wall…a wall with no foundation…

Seriously, you seem to think that being able to drift a car means it is superior on the track and a better handling car with more grip. Seriously think about it though. Drifting really means the wheels are slipping and has an inability to acquire traction. The driver is really the person who controls how the drift turns out. I AGREE once again dude and i’m not judging by that i just think that a 240 could do w/e the 300 could do and then some on top considering both cars are track ready

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you just said. So I’m gonna take a shot in the dark as what an unknowing person may say.

I’m ignoring the first part because I can’t even guess that one.

The Z32 Doesn’t have MacPherson strut… Well, it has a derivative of that. But it has a full upper and lower control arm. You CAN’T put that on your 240 unless you’re good with a measuring tape, math, geometry, some physics and a welder just to make it HANDLE AS GOOD AS THE 300. Yes thats what I said. If the 300 is really inferior in handling, why would you want to put the worse handling things on your SUPERIOR 240??? The 240 has the MacPherson strut. The brakes are the same shit, and the way a car handles is related to how well a car brakes.

And it is not “COOLER”
It is technology that works to benefit the handling of the vehicle.

well thanx for calling me a wall lmfao (see im calm and responding maturaly?, Not my usual character)

i guess i am, but so far you didint contribute nothing useful but be a yes man for pat Not that i mind you do make a good one

w/e i dont mean to come off as an idiot but i still say s13 and s14(NOT STOCK) is better for track but thats just me THE WALL

No offence man, but I’m getting the feeling that Church is making some sense with this statement. You’re a wicked guy and all but you’re coming at me without facts.
Terry (Hanzzzzz) and I fight all the time. I have FACTS, he has FACTS. None of us have speculations, just things that have worked for us in the real world and in the end we always say, “FCUK… WE’RE TAKING THIS SHIT TO THE TRACK”

oh man oh man oh man. I want to buy a stock NA Z with untuned high KM on there just to show you this season. Then I’ll sell the Z to you when you realize that the 240 is shit on the track in stock form in comparison.

Better yet, DRIVE ONE AND THEN ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS TOPIC.
Having driven both HARD, I can say that this conversation shouldn’t have gone this far. I mean, I have nothing against the Silvia. I have one myself but an S110. From my experience, until I got the Z32 that was the best handling car I’ve ever had. I put on the rear IRS from a J30 and it ALWAYS outhandled an S13 cause that frame was a paperweight, and I’m telling you that the Z32 handles FAR better than my S110.

EDIT, I took the stock S110, I stripped it’s frame so it was light. I put on Stock Z31 front brakes on it, then I put on the entire rear suspension from an Infiniti J30. Besides the wheelbase it was almost the equivalent of an S13 that was lightened. Well the J30 rear end is a 4 link IRS, which is better than the S13 rear end.

But With suspesion and a lil power im a firm believer in what i said about 240s being better track cars * fixing my post

Firm believers are the most ignorant ones. Changing opinions makes for the most intelligent person.

Suspension and power in any car makes it a better car. Being a better track car is a big no. If you increase the potential of the suspension in a linear respect with the other car, then the car that was performing better before the change will always outperform the other car.

The same “rule” lies with power.

Better yet, DRIVE ONE AND THEN ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS TOPIC.
I will

VERY TRUE and i will do the intelligent thing and listen to you on this one not because i AGREE, BUT because i believe you know more about s13,14,skylines and the whole nissan family THATS THE ONLY REASON and i dont want to be a wall either