New to nissan, have some questions

I agree. face to face is key and i’m sure il c pat and im even more sure ill see cal

wow, this thing is still going? you cant take a technical discussion so personally to the point that you are insulting other members of the forum.

there are too many factors to say which car is “better”. if you have a heavy car, you need to make it wider, with wider tires and it needs a lower center of gravity. this seems to be the goal nissan had in mind when building the 300. it has a very heavy motorset sitting on one of the lowest widest chassis they have ever built with tire options that will make u nut in ur pants.

then there’s the S13. it has a lightweight motorset. because of this, the car doesnt need the width of the 300 or the big tires. nor does it need such a low center of gravity. it will handle weight transfer well from side to side because it simply has less weight to transfer. the wheel base is also longer in relation to the width which promotes easy, gradual, predictable oversteer (making it a great candidate for drifting) as opposed to the 300’s tendency to snap oversteer due to it’s postage stamp-like profile.

now based on this can u say which car is superior? of course not, this is just one aspect of a car’s design. if you’re poor as f*ck then the 300 means balls to you cuz you cant affoard it or the mods to make it sick. in this case the 240 makes for a much more attractive RWD option, due to its low price which is exactly what it was designed to do in the first place.

now the argument could go on and on like this, comparing specific aspects of each car’s design and then debating forever on it. but the fact of the matter is that each car does exactly what it was designed to do. they were designed to deiliver very different driving experiences and i think it is great that nissan offered up so many options in the early 90’s.

personally, i would pick an S14 over a Z32. the Z32 scares me, i would be nervous driving it, im not use to lots of torque, i like 4 cylinders. plus im poor and i dont like the idea of having tonnes of money tied up in a car when it could get hit by a truck tomorrow. i also like the handling characteristics of a light weight chassis. this DOES NOT however mean the S chassis is better. it just means it would be better for me.

patrick loves his Z32, it looks awesome, he loves the crazy torque, low/wide profile, and the handling characteristic of a heavy weight with big power. not to mention the rediculous amount of adjustablility he has in the suspension setup.

this whole thing started because a new member posted stating they like the 300 and want to buy one. next time, instead of bashing it, pointing out only weaknesses (not to mention making negative and false technical statements based on nothing) you could point out what you know to be FACT and leave it at that. dont take it so personally if someone challenges your knowledge, because that is how you get to the truth.

Very intelligent response lol

I think he’s talking to you ivan.

no really cal, btw i was watching 300zx drifting small angles for some reason rolls eyes Now letss kill this i agree with what hanz said 90% of it

240sx>300zx.

That sounds really gay.

LoL

This coming from Osad… He probably just wants in on the action.

^ lmao, so it’s on!!

let’s see how you stack up against me Cal :smiley:
are you guys available for tonight @ CG?!

yea i’m back in town tonight. I"m a tad rust cause Osad’s a homo, but i’ll see what i can do against you. Tsukuba?

sounds good, haven’t really driven much on that track…I go for the other open scenery type tracks:drivin

hopefully my night might end up being there,
got work, so afterwards we’ll see…:R

bring your israeli friend, I might join for a bit!

pcproa couldn’t have said it better

does anyone know if greddy sus headers exist for an s13? i found them on the greddy website but only for the s14’s and 15’s and i was wondering if they makes them for my 93 and if they dont if the ones for the 95-98 can be modified to fit on mine as i wanted to go with a greddy tic exhaust and match it up with the headers??