New VW R32

just fine from what ive read, its a manual gearbox that has been computer controlled, it just uses two clutches to allow you to flatshift in 8 ms

3600 lbs in a car that small. Is it made of lead?

And it still comes with ugly rims stock.

I think it’s all the VW sound/vibration proofing. It’ll feel solid as a rock, but will also drive like one.

Thats all well and good but I like to row my gears.

+1 Since I don’t win any money racing, I couldn’t care less about .05 seconds I’m saving per shift. If I wanted to drive a car that shifts by pushing buttons I’d stay home and play Gran Turismo.

I beat on my boss’s loaner M3 with DSG for about 20 minutes and came away very unimpressed. Clutch pedal FTW.

meh doesnt do much for me

wait wait wait that must be a typo… a v-6 with one head?

cmon now, someone screwed up… :slight_smile:

:tif: R36 and I might think of it as sporty.

X…

ill let you drive mine @ autoX this year perhaps, and u let me know after u push it the way it was meant to be… (that is aslong as u figured out how to quit drifting so much @ autoX, havnt seen u drive in a while):smiley:

Ha ha… Yeah, my dorifto had calmed down a lot with the Fiero. Then I sold it and ran the GTO at an event on real shitty street tires and I went back to lots of sideways action.

Trust me though, I pushed that M3 smg pretty damn hard on the back roads between Williamsville and Lancaster. Doesn’t mean I won’t take you up on that offer to autocross it though :wink:

From an engineering standpoint, and even a pure racing standpoint, I simply can’t find a fault in it. But I’m not a pro race driver and never will be. At no point in my life will giving up a few seconds around a track, or few 10ths on an autocross course, cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars. So knowing that to me it’s all about which is more fun, and to me that’s working 3 pedals and a shifter is more fun that flipping a lever. That’s just me though.

If that is the case, then I have no problems with it. If it was based on an auto box, then I’d give it the :bloated: .

Still, 3600 lbs. :eyebrow:

.:R32’s are the most over rated cars. and overpriced.

im diggin it.

awd R32> GTI any day , there not a ton more than the gti’s , just more rare i guess.

This is interesting too: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_official_picture.php?sid=295&page=1

SMG is a getrag 6 speed trans (same one for the MT cars) that has a computer controlled clutch actuator and shifting mechanism

DSG uses dual clutches that seperate from eachotehr which allows the trans to shift while the engine is wide open

because they didn’t make/sell a lot of them?

not saying 3,600 pounds is wrong…but it may be inflated by VW a bit…
they claimed 3,300 on the new gti…but many people on vortex have weighed them…(wet)… 1/4 tank of gas…spare…all fluids and they are just over 3,100.
I bet that car will be about 3,300.

the DSG id pretty cool…wasn’t it on the Audi TT at one point? it has a clutch for 1-3-5 and one for 2-4-6…holding the next gear waiting for you to shift pretty much? somewhat along those lines? impressive but <MT hands down

3300lbs is still to heavy for a hatchback. Something like that should weigh around 2600lbs, and then we’d be talking.