New VW R32

DSG shifts fast, but you can’t hold a gear in high RPM’s.

quoted for truth.

holy fucking heavy, and holy not fast for the price.

:word:

and

I don’t know if I’d say overrated. I’ve riden in one around an autocross track with a very good driver and those little cars absolutely scream. V6 torque + awd… everything the WRX wishes it was. And it’s got all the comfort you need for a daily driver, something no one short of a masochist can say of an STi/Evo.

I’ve also watched video of that R32 running down some very impressive cars at the glen.

I concur with JayS - it is a blast for autocross, and it is comfy for daily driving. My real beef with it is the weight. If it weighed 2500lbs, then it would be dangerously close to out performing the STi and Evo, which it should for the price…

2500lbs is nothing more than a pipe dream. You will not see any modern AWD car weigh in less than 3000lbs unless it is stripped to race form. Lets be realistic and say it would have been nice to see this car in the 3100 range.

All that “it should only weigh” BS, make some more power bitches.:smash2:

If it wasn’t such a high price tag on a Boosted R32 that makes some power (HPA or something equiv.) I’d rock one.

X…

curious as to what is the split to what the drive wheels are receiving

also curios as the the price, I knew the price of the old ones, are they shooting for the same range or is it higher