New WRX? Any good?

I’m debating getting a new DD my Jeep is starting to get up there in mileage and don’t feel like dumping money into it.

Pretty much down to a WRX or some other Subaru or some sort of 4WD truck…I was thinking about a SS trail blazer but 20inch rims and constantly fighting modding it :lol:

How are they for reliability?

Been lookin into these too…

I want a jeep!

The TBSS isn’t that bad honestly. I think transit towne mitsu still has my old one of the lot. I kept that thing in good shape if you’re looking for one that’s loaded up and wanna go the truck route.

I think it would be hard not to mod either. I’d personally look at a SS trailblazer 3ss they are so nice. They get horrible fuel economy if that matters to you though.

The WRX is a killer package right now.

My main motivation for a SUV/Truck would be to trailer my car however I don’t have room for a trailer at this point.

After doing a lot of looking around im debating dumping the truck idea entirely

I test drove a 2008 WRX and I absolutely loved it. It was definitely quick enough for a stock DD, but the next year they upgraded the turbo and exhaust and added like 40 horse, so I’m sure it’s that much better. I don’t know if you’re considering auto or manual but the clutch was on the stiffer side, and it is a 5spd instead of 6 (not a huge deal really). The 2011’s look awesome now too:tup:

I’ve heard good things about the new WRX. I bought my STi to keep as a relatively stock DD and was able to do so; you shouldn’t have too much of an itch to mod it. Especially if you’ve got a toy to occupy your speed cravings. Plus, they’re unbeatably fun in the winter!

my friend has a 2010 wrx, you wll love it! it is extremely comfortable inside, not rattley, the transmission is super smooth shifting, i didnt have a problem with the clutch? rear seats are pretty roomy (you can fit a 6’2 person back there comfortably) , extremely fun in the winter. pretty good sound system stock. also has a very great powerband stock. oem tires lasted 37k miles. gets like 20/25 mpg

i drive it every now and then, and i drove it back from carlisle for 6 hours. definitely a fun ride. he’s had no problems in the 40k he’s owned it

Everyone loves these things. For a while I was wondering if this place was turning into buffaloscooby.

Motors are horizontial

Has a turbo.

I really liked the 2009 that I test drove

Tires are round

I am very happy with my LGT and I highly recommend one if you need more room than the Impreza chassis.

I can’t wait to try my snow tires, I bet this thing will be awesome in the winter.

They are great buy mine 2010 13k miles.

Get an 09 or newer and you’ll be happy. Also, I recommend the hatch.

I considered one for a daily for half a second… I much prefer my A3 / GTI as a more fun and better car.

sorry but no way a 200hp gti/a3 is more fun to drive than a 260hp wrx. Nicer interior/better fit n’ finish maybe. But def not more fun

maybe I’m just getting old, but I have a baseline for interior needs, and if I don’t get it I don’t care how much power the car has. I’d rather drive a 160hp luxury car than a 260hp econo box when it comes to my daily car. For weekend / summer cars it’s a different story.