Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

Ooooo… sounds like fun :slight_smile:

so, hows the wiring gonna be done?

u got a general way to sum it up whats gonna be done?

man i really hope you finish this project.

Newman if you change your mind, or want other parts done, I can sodablast/sandblast the stuff for you.

Thats a sweet project :tup:

madd cool project indeed :slight_smile:

glad to hear you’re having fun on something don :tup:

So Brent and I were the ones to go get this car in Boston and it was supposed to get a boosted M30 swap which you probably know. The kid he bought it from was all excited and gave him his email address because it wanted to see what the car transformed into after it was all said and done.

Anyway to the point I think it would be priceless and hilarious to send the kid an email of the skyrine powered E30 once your finished with it :lol:

hahahahaaha,

General summary,

Rewire entire car for necessities and a stereo, install Skyline drive train sans AWD, super tunnnnnnne, drive with a big smile.

starting to look like my last civic.:tup:

thats going to be so sik when its done

:tif:

just a thought, you said there would be clearance issues for the brake booster and also that the under dash would be gutted. have you thought about mounting the brake assembly sideways under the dash? just have to make some linkage for it to work. heres an example of what i mean. its on a bodydropped s10 project but im sure it can be done on the e30.

This will not work with the current redesign of the tunnel but thank you for the insight. I think Andre hit it on the head with the remote booster from the 540 but time will tell.

I like what I see here, great progress guys…

im so gonna buy this if its ever for sale

You will be tortured and killed if it gets painted pink.

That’s some arkrward stuff. Ideally don’t you want all the forces going in one smooth linear direction?

umm yeah… Newman u do something like this and i will strap you to a chair and make you watch re runs of The Tony Danza Show!

i would like to know if that project was finished?

i would like to know if that project was finished?

hes still working on it. one of those couple year long projects.

Just a thought on the brake booster. A starquest guy doing a SHO swap off all things came across something a lot more compact from a 2003 cobra. Might be worth checking into if the brake booster is an issue.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/447/527/75222.jpg

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41928&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sho&start=25

Scroll down for more pics of said braking setup.