Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

lol.

Should be hot when finished, the kit and wheels are a perfect choice for the car. Good progress so far, good to see your getting rid of all the cancer by cutting it out. Chances are it will come back quick if you dont get it all.

damn. i need some inspiration to get off my ass. good work

you and me both

Updated pics?

i put up new pics almost every day?

man one day i hope to be able to get a brand new car and call it my beater. LOL

17x10 huh, so you are gonna put what, 225’s on those? :wink:

Hey Christian you could always hack that nazi axle off and shove the spare Skyline axle I have here under there- oh man I need a laugh just at the moment. I’ve changed my mind though you are even MORE crazy than me!
I’m not flying out now until Saturday, so I’ll get a chance to post some more on here- what a week and it’s only Monday- keep up the good work

haha, i have no idea what size tire i can run, but i will probably need a little bit of spacers… the guy at tunershop said something to the effect of this:

me: i don’t want to run a stretched tire, i am looking to get as much meat on the ground as i can…

him: just so you know, everyone is going to be laughing at you if you run anything more than a 235/40 on this rim…

me: good…

hahahahahhahahahha

haha. that’s awesome. good choice on the wheels.

just dicking around, not the actual dimensions… yet:

ok, for real…i tried doing a collector like that a while back with CAD and couldnt do it…how did you do that?

Mr. Newman I own a bunch of correct wall thickness chrome moly tubing in various diameters, if you want some just let me know, I’m due a trip to see you and Don when I get back from the old country-let me know man?

And should have bought some 18’s then you could have had the 255/35’s off the Skyline…

unlike bitches, the more meat in the rear is good for your ride

That part actually only took about 20 minutes. It took me an hour or so to figure out the best way to constrain the elbows…

The way i set it up, I can simply enter a few constraints to my browser bar to adjust the runner length, until they are all equal, then I can actually drag the tubing around on the screen until it is packaged properly, all the while maintaining 100% tangential fitment. :slight_smile:

i like the wheel choice :tup: …seems like a lot of old 3series i see have a lot of spokes or old BBS style rims that …might have been hot 15 years ago on a VW

yeah, i hate wheels with a shit ton of spokes. ESP mesh wheels.