Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

lol, figured its been a while since someone asked.

Even if that was the case fishmouthing them at a 10* angle (allowing for non parallel offset) and rotating the bar 45* (allowing it to be on the radius not the horizontal) while being fishmouthed would fix that problem.

I can’t for the life of me figure way the rear down bars are attached to the trunk sheet metal vs. attaching them to the strut towers. This would tie the suspension in and allow for a “strut brace”. Also a diagonal bar would add to torsionally rigidity, something the rear of the cage does not have. I could go much, much further into this, but I will simply bite my tounge for the time being.

X2

how much did you pay?

You boys should check out a ProDrive rally roll cage…

E30’s don’t have struts in the rear, they have separate springs and shocks. The bar looks like it’s in the right spot to be right above the spring seats under the car, so they are in the right spot.

right you are…
http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=4860&view=findpost&p=50782

but isn’t this the area that they are talking about?
http://grmotorsports.com/images/spece30/spece301221trunkplate.jpg

i do not think the roll bar is for any type of roll overs. but if newman would like to answer these few questions:

how are you going to paint the top of the roll bar?(besides with a brush or rattle can)

why the front tower supports?

And if you turn up at a drag strip the nice man in Tech will ask you why you didn’t use 6x6 floor plates under the tubes, naughty…

-with a brush or rattle can

-because that was an area that has substantial rot that i fixed… but… i figured any additional support would help.

Pretty sure it will, e30 front shock towers are known for being sort of weak anyway…

coming along very nicely. cant wait for the final product

Pulled the OEM dif out last night, removed the rest of the fuel shit like the filler neck and pump and stuff.

Going back to Vito’s tonight, then when i get it back it’s time to put in the seats… Then on to blasting. :slight_smile:

What’s the word on the wheels? Waiting? Or did you go with a different choice?

they’re leaving japan next week. then 4 more weeks to me

^^ Wow did something change in the ETA? Wasn’t it looking like August before?

i hassled them hard.

Stick it to em, good work.

looking good jewman. nice touch on the headliner.

uuuuuuuppppppdates?

when is it back from blasting?

soooooo…