Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

if u need a cut off tool you can borrow my mac one it adjust in three different positions

picked a car from your “color choice” thread, and made it the green with the wheels for an overall idea. I REALLY LIKE IT. i cannot wait to see this car done.

haha, except move the IC in front of the bumper. haha.

yeah, doing that was a bit over my head and out of time constraints lol. but yeah

And get rid of the fact that that’s the completely wrong chassis shrug

i knew that, just wanted to get a 3/4 view with the color and wheels

What are abrasives?

X…

im just wondering why you use stainless strips to cover where the old side molding was, wont it expand and contract at a different rate than the rest of the door metal and crack the filler? Just wondering

I would cut the bumper out with a jig saw using a finer pitched wood blade. Go slow and it will turn out sweet. Any sort of abrasive wheel will just melt the plastic and leave a crappy edge behind. Plus the saw will turn the corners nice etc. Just make a nice temlate with a few layers of tape.

If the cover is to curvy you can do some from the front side and some from the back.

But any of the other ways will work.

Dan

Ya, I’m with dan. A jigsaw works great if your cutting near a top (outside) of the area, so its against the base. Its easer to control a blade to cut, and not rub. For a way better cut finish, then a cutoff wheel. But it depends how the base of the jigsaw is gona be touching the bumper. It can suck if you have to, free hand float holding the jigsaw.
If you can drill the corners, you can lay it out to look factory. I use a 101B blade in my bosch jigsaw on plastic, it doesn’t turn the well. But I drill my corners anyway, it cuts really nice. Not a lot of material removed/low wonder.
The fine tooth short metal cutting bosch blade have more a stager in the teeth. Turn better, from a wider cut.

:rofl:

There is this company called Flexovit that has some sweet abrasives. Do some research noob.

what the fuck are you guys talking about?

this is an abrasive wheel:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61KQ93N57DL._AA280_.jpg

what’s the problem?

do some research, noob.

lol. no.

the car is not going to ever see temperature changes on that order.

wasssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
eff you mtech bumper

hahahaha yesssss this just made my day that shit looks bad ass:ohyeah:

wow that looks pretty good…on a side note…i am surprised Joe doesnt have covers on his cars

it could look worse

me too. he has them, too.

:lol:

That FMIC really doesn’t look to bad on there like that.

x…

thanks.

i think it’s because it works with the boxiness of the car.

i think the fact that it lines up with that metal part on the top of the bumper makes it look better too, not like its just protruding from the entire car.