Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

Looks good Christian, snag a pic with chome bumper on.

ILC is Dead came over last night and helped me start installing the flares. Needless to say, they don’t fit very well out of the box. About 90% of the way through the install i discovered that these are made from a thermoplastic material, not thermoset. (Urethane is a thermoset meaning it cannot be liquified and still retain it’s original properties) That said, the flares are ABS and are very easily molded with heat. Had i figured this early on, I may have approached this a bit differently. There is a slight kink that i need to massage out, but i think it’s going to look pretty rad.

I am going to paint them satin black. I want them to retain that “i don’t give a fuck what i have to do to put wider tires on look”

oh, and PS, the fuel door is actually being welded/glassed in, as the fuel cell is in the trunk.

PPS: i am just using wood screws temporarily. I am ultimately going to install nutserts in the car.

also amusing:

people getting really pissed off about me cutting up a 20 year old used valence…

do you mean the one on the car when i got it?

Just read the r3vlimited post. Those guys are awesome :tup: !!

The e30 will never be the next civic because its too fucking bad ass. Even though they cost like 500 bucks and are just as rusty and slow :smiley:

ha … nice, 11 pages of awesomeness

haha, that thread rules

wow…the hate and ignorance in that thread is amazing…someone called the motor Shoddy…whatever the car will look good when complete

E30 dudes are mostly buttfuckers. :lol:

if by march 9th you still have bodywork left and want a had sometime, PM me…ill be on spring break and would be more than honored to contribute to this car.

coming along awesome-ly

+1 for external IC coming out way better looking than I could have imagined.

The reverence for man-made things in that r3vlimited thread makes me want to punch a baby.

i was gonna ask if you ever thought of just molding the rear flares in and running staggered rims and not flaring the front. i dont think it would look that bad, just an idea tho. the front end flows pretty good right now. i dont remember if you went with staggered wheels or not tho

They are staggered, but i think the flares all around will really add to the car. I don’t really want to mold them in… trying to get the “jdm look”

Si Si Newman…
Se ve super siKKKK.

:tup:

god you’re such an attention whore. you and your shoddy motor all hastily put in so you can drive it this summer. you know that was the only valence ever made ever and you totally cut it you jdm ricer… god.

lol, cant wait to see it out.

Haha! I love it.

I think this is turning out awesome.

haters wanna hate

fuck em

i do agree you should get the attention whore plate for the car though

Meh in all fairness if someone went on a skyline forum posting about how they hacked up some coveted jdm bumper so their Frankenstein motor swap would would work, the reaction would probably be the same.