NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

you do know he plays defense, right? which pretty much precludes him from being on a line with kaleta, mair, or goose…

I dont know why I wrote on the same line, more so out on the ice with and getting to know guys like them. Because we really don’t have any gritty, hard hitting smart D men.If this guy starts downing steaks and hits the weights and trains hard, he could be a huge improvement on our lack of size. Throwing him on a line with weber after they both get even more experience would be money.

What does Peters do??? Give me one good thing he did all last season. All he does is sit on the bench, try and fight people, and waste money that we could be spending on Kaleta. I know he needs some work but he did alot more than Peters did all year. Plus Peters still needs alot of work.

Yea peters isnt a nhl worthy player in my opinion. How he ever even made it into the league boggles my mind. Altho at times hes a quite comical to watch out on the ice.The 06-07 season he had a better game plan on fighting.Last season was just embarrassing most of the time.Kaleta will brawl if need be, he draws penalties, with out taking them him self and is a hard clean hitting, gritty player. Something peters usually never does. Kaleta has some serious potential and will continue to grow.

Kaleta>*Peters

peters sucks @ life and cannot even win a fight anymore…bum

saw an interview where he addressed that and said he needs to go back to his “early” fighting style.

Kaleta is a role player for sure, but dude needs to work on his passing. he is not an nhl caliber player. hopefully he improves a lot in the offseason

kaleta was at leisure last monday with a ton of kids…firing away on the 12 yr old goalies haha

maier was at my work yesterday and I invited him to this sunday night skate I’ve been going to for a couple months that my buddy runs (jr a, OHL, MAHL guys) but he said he had knee surgery, won’t be cleared to play until august or so, said he’ll likely miss training camp

what skate and shoot is there on mondays? I went to a late one last week at pepsi but it sucked, the skill level was garbage

wasn’t a skate and shoot, it was before one of our games… it looked like it was some sort of clinic or something with alot of drills because the ice was allll torn up :tdown:

I seen Mair DT @ Bayou about 3-4 weeks ago and he was on crutches.

damnit, I need better ice and I often have to work during 12 oclock pepsi. 2 oclock pepsi sucks, there are never goalies. I went and played net there 2 mondays ago but I was the only goalie so it still sucked playing takeback.

also if anyone here wants sunday night ice pm me, there’s a pretty good skate but my buddy told me to only invite people who played jr b or better lol.

10 times? Really?

The kid has a total of 5 goals or so in the minors the past 2 years. Chara scored 28 in the NHL. I don’t care if the kid can skate and handle the puck better than Pavel Fucking Bure, he has yet to prove himself to be able to play in the NHL, even, before you start comparing him to elite defencemen in the league.

I’m hoping he will prove me wrong, but just about every scout around the league referred to him as being a “wild card”. He’s either going to be a franchise defenseman,…or he’s going to be a faster Hal Gill.

And the dismantling of the Penguins begins:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8294016/Pens-send-Malone,-Roberts-to-Lightning-for-draft-pick

^^^read that earlier. interesting to say the least.

Id like to see Orpik come to buffalo. But highly doubt that will happen

props to you for that comparison! :tup: i miss watching him play :frowning:

oh shit… lubi AND souray on the point for the oilers pp this year…

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367215

god for the price TB paid malone they can have him, hes not worth near that much.

looks like theyre also gonna ink roberts and rolston. i was hoping rolston would sign with us.

:crosses fingers to keep hossa and orpik:

they already inked roberts, to a 1 yr deal

TB really making moves for this year

Fuck, I wanted Buffalo to go after Malone.