NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

I really doubt you’re keeping Hossa.

Sounds like San Jose isn’t going to hold on to Campbell and he has stated he wants to play for a team close to Ontario. While I’d love to see him come back my money is on him ending up a Senator.

^^^or Toronto. ugh

I’ll be a little surprised if Campbell signs for 6 million/season. Maybe if it’s for 6 years, I guess, but at 29 he’ll be 35 at the end of that deal. Paying a 35 year old defencemen 6 million dollars is crazy unless their last name is Lidstrom. I thought what Buffalo offered him was perfect for us, but bad for him.

Meh.

isn’t it the other way around? didn’t he give US a reasonable offer that we wouldn’t accept? i thought thats what i remembered reading somewhere

Nah, he wanted a long-term deal. Buffalo offered something between 5.5-6.5 mil/season, (the exact number I can’t remember) for 3 years, but he wanted a longer contract (5-6 years) @ Buffalo’s number.

My first thought when I heard that was “GTFO”.

i vote you the official hockey/ice time snob of NYSpeed.

my bad, i thought the offer was like 6 yrs / 4.5 mill a season … he’ll get 6 million from someone tho, easy

eh I think they might, that could be one of the main reasons as to why they freed up malone and roberts. Ive heard multiple rumors of that. But he wants to test the free agency offers first.

I still stand by what I said about them signing Hossa. If they sign him, consider Malkin a goner.

+1

So like I said, I really doubt they’re signing Hossa.

read a rumor that Chicago is willing to drop upto 7 million a year for Campbell…as well as trying to bring in Hossa.

Any rumors about the Sabres doing something, or will they just hope that AHL callups will get them deep into the playoffs? :roll2:

You might be right about the amount, actually.

and i’ll be surprised if he settles for 6mil/season. with boyle signing before the off-season, campbell is the only ufa defenceman worth looking at.

heres the “rumor” for buffalo

The Sabres are among the teams looking to improve themselves through free agency and the Buffalo News reports they’re showing interest in a number of players.
According to the paper, the Sabres want at least one defenseman and need a backup goaltender. Penguins rearguard Brooks Orpik is expected to be atop Buffalo GM Darcy Regier’s list. Last week, Orpik, who will become an unrestricted free agent tomorrow, rejected the Penguins’ three-year offer worth around $3 million per season.
[?"]](http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/TheFourthPeriod.com/;pos=300x250-1;sz=300x250;ord=[timestamp)

“Buffalo is a place he’d definitely want to come,” Andrew Orpik, Brooks’ brother and a Sabres prospect, told the News. “He grew up here, and he’s got a special bond with the place.” If the Sabres are unable to persuade Orpik into joining their team, the paper suggests they could go after the likes of Columbus’ Ron Hainsey, Philadelphia’s Jason Smith, Ottawa’s Wade Redden or the New York Rangers’ Paul Mara.

Orpik would be a nice addition to the blue line, so would Redden but he would demand some $$$$$$.

Jason Smith is a goddamn beast. I’d LOVE to see him in a Sabres uniform.

Orpik would be money here. I still remember that one play he had in the play offs where he dropped about 4-5 guys in like 6 seconds lol. He has always been a good consistent aggressive defensemen for the pens and could be exactly what we need.

^^^the million dollar shift!

i remember watching that play develope and was in awe. Id LOVE to see him in a sabres jersey. But im sure he’ll be scooped up by 12:01

haha it really was, I dont believe ive ever seen one person hit as many different people in that short of a time span.Who knows the sabes prob wont make any good moves as usual.

ya, thats what im thinking…all this talk about Orpik, or Mara, Redden, Smith, and we’ll be the assholes who end up with Blake

Blake already resigned with the avs, so did Liles :stuck_out_tongue: