NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

if we lose hossa, we will sign orpik.

also malkin said he’d take a pay cut to stay in pitt…they’re predicting 8.5 ish. long term.

but if we cant keep hossa at least they’re sticking with a core of solid young players and finding filler. so if it does come down to it ide take malkin over hossa, and hope we can keep finding cheap vet wingers like sykora and dupuis to help out crosby and malkin, or maybe move staal up on one of their lines.

orpik wont come here because we wont sign a defenseman to a contract over 3 mil a year with who we already have under wraps. maybe if we unload one of tallinder/lydman, who basically did not so much of anything last year, then yeah. but i’m happy with our prospects like sekera and weber anyway.

regier will play the old wait it out game again and sign a role player or two to contracts under 1.5m per year, if he does anything at all. i do believe that miller and pominville will be awarded multiyear deals though.

Mike Green and Salvador both just re-signed. 2 more D out of the “pool”. Should be interesting to see what the last few UFA defense will price out to be.

Green wasn’t going anywhere being a RFA, no way washington was gonna let him leave! Curious what will happen an hour from now :slight_smile:

but the fact his brother says he wants to play here might mean hed give buffalo a discount.

Prolly just getting my hopes up everyone is money hungry no loyalty left, allthough i do think campbell would wanna come back he seemed like he genuinely did not want to leave. any word on if his family is still living here?

on sabres.com theres and interview with regier talking about how they are not looking at any big name guys mostly prospects wtf they wanna just live off the success they had 2-3 years ago they need to worry about putting a cup contending team, if they are so worried about losing money raise ticket prices if we put another top notch team out there they can raise the ticket prices. We have one of the lowest ticket prices in the league and going off the fact that people were paying 2x what face value was for tickets when we had a cup contender out there just fucking do it allready, people will pay for quality. we have the best fan base in the league, we had 10k people standing outside the arena for the semifinals because they couldnt get a ticket its bullshit. Management wants to just suck as much out of the people as possible and not spend any money, they were bitching about how they didnt make money unless we get to the second round before well wouldnt that make you wanna put out a team that gets into the second round.

i fucking hate darcy right now. I’ve been reading all this crap this morning. Enough with the prospects and the AHL… this is why we didnt do shit last year…this is why we won’t win a cup. Get some more fucking talent on this team and stop relying on our fucking AHL team and these bullshit prospects…

ugh…i want to punch him in the damn face right now.

i dont even give a shit about gaustad signing…UGH!@#%#!

Baring last years performance we have don’t quite well the past few years…with out having to buy “big talent”

im not SAYING we need all this HUGE talent here… it would just be nice to see darcy shopping for SOMETHING rather than always looking at AHL and prospects…

When was the last time we went out and got a big name player???

Drury??

LaFontaine???

I assume Darcy and everyone sees player salaries just rising and rising over the next few years and would rather be ahead of the came building up their own talent on a farm team…

drury wasn’t nearly as big as lafontaine. lafontaine was definitely the biggest trade/free agent move ever made by a buffalo sports team in the last 20 years.

Yeah I know. He was a proven player but not a superstar*.

*- still isn’t

:word:

another july 1st, another day off from work :tspry:

GET ROLSTON OR STREIT, THATS ALL I WANT

would be nice to get rolston… seeing that he denied tampa as of now and wants to see what else is out there for him

Rolston would be a nice addition.

I have my hopes set on Orpik(yes, i know, im being naive).