NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

few more months Oct 5th, 2007… can not wait

what happens then?

edit: thats 2007 as well lol

Boyle traded to sharks

Jagr to Avangard Omsk apparently

why did we trade bernier?

hahaha sabres offseasons are like christmas for a really poor kid in the ghetto. every year you think its gonna be the year you get some decent presents, and instead you get nothing and the stuff you do have gets stolen.

To get more picks so when the next owner buys the team and moves it, they’ll have a bunch of young players to rebuild around and make the team into a winner.

we traded bernier? when did this happen? what did we get?

third round pick in 2009
second round pick in 2010

and a bag of pucks :lol:

sabres trade 2nd rounder in 2009 and 2nd rounder in 2010 to san jose for craig rivet (D) and 7th round pick.

i love this move.

free up the log jam at forward, and get another top 4 defenseman. i love it.

Great move IMO, I loved watching him in Montreal, he was really good on the PP. I expect atleast one more move. Hopefully sending Kotalik out of Buffalo.

So does this mean the Darcy hate bandwagon will change its mind for another day…

Trading Bernier was a stupid move. They should have signed him for a year, if he would accept it.See what he could do after training camp and what not and then if he wasn’t what we needed, send him on his way. Those draft picks don’t mean shit right now. We have enough young players that need to develop.

On the other hand when I heard about the revit gig, I was impressed he will help us out huge!

not unless he brings another decent D man into the picture. I still think we’re lacking IMO.

So we assume Rivet’s 3.5 million/yr, and he’s 34.

Doesn’t look good for Teppo. I see Teppo and Kotalik getting packaged in a trade for a food, young defenseman.

Golasono is too much a businessman to get rid of Max since Max sells tickets. At least that’s what I’m hoping. I’d like to give the kid one more year, and play him consistantly on a good line instead of constantly bouncing him around and then bitching he’s giving the puck up.

:clap:

thank you

he has such potential. if he worked on his passing and not making everyone go offsides, he would be a hell of a player. his stickhandling is great, but he tries to do too much. if he could really settle down he could be one of the most dynamic players in the league. but he is too inconsistent and he has had enough chances already. hopefully he can turn it around this year if hes here.

quiet, max sucks and im already in the process of getting my jersey re-lettered lol

Try being consistent when you have no formal line partners, and are bounced around more than a tennis ball.

I don’t think Teppo is signed. We’d have to sign him before we trade him.

If Regeir makes a few more of these subtle moves, I won’t have a problem with what he’s done.

Getting solid players to build around is never a bad idea. Not like we were going to go after Jagr or the likes anyway.