NHL Draft **now the official NHL OFFSEASON thread**

Hell yes.

A pretty big veteran, right-handed defenceman who I’d love to see on the near point blasting shots. If he’s paired with Spacek, we’re going to see 2 cannons at the points. I fucking love it.

And for all of you freaking out about the lack of big deals, you should be used to this now. This organization hasn’t offered and signed a contract over 4 million/season since Dominick Hasek. Derek Roy’s is the biggest since Hasek :lol:. Look at what the Rangers did last off-season, and they got no further this year than the year before.

Max does sell tickets, and Galisano is indeed a business man, but they gave away 2 of their biggest ticket sellers last off-season.

I’m still willing to give Max one more chance. Don’t forget about the wrist surgery he had a couple years ago. That’s a really tough injury to come back from for a crafty type of player. It usually takes a couple of years.

penguins sign matt cooke to two-year deal. where the hell are they getting all this cap room from?

from not signing hossa. malkin and stall are still making close to league minimum this year. 4 mil.

nhlnumbers.com is showing Malkin at 3.834 for this year and Stall at 2.2 mil. Bonuses?

Their total cap hit right now is 54.061 :lol:. Now, that’s close to the cap max.

your right i double checked, i thought i had read they were both making less.

OFFENSE

???-Crosby-Satan
???
Crosby: $8.7 million
Satan- $3.5 million
Line total- $12.2 million

Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Fedotenko- $2.5 million
Malkin- $3.8342 million
Sykora- $2.5 million
Line total- $8.8342 million

Dupuis-Staal-Kennedy
Dupuis- $1.4 million
Staal- $2.2 million
Kennedy- $541,667
Line total- $4.1416 million

Cooke-Talbot-???
Cooke- $1.2 million
Talbot- $675,000
???
Line total- $1.875 million

Back up:
Goddard- $750,000
???

Forward Total: $27.0508 million

DEFENSE:

Gonchar-Orpik
Gonchar- $5 million
Orpik- $3.75 million
Pairing total- $8.75 million

Whitney-Gill
Whitney- $4 million
Gill- $2.075 million
Pairing total- $6.075 million

Letang-Eaton
Eaton- $2 million
Letang- $835,000
Pairing total- $2.835 million

Back up:
Scuderi- $.7125
Sydor- $2.5 million

Defense Total: $20.8725 million

GOALIES:
Fleury- $5 million
Sabourin- $512,000

Goalie Total: $5.512 million

Total Against Cap: $53,435,300

pitt got lucky that they got players who arent money hungry and want to just play on a good team crosby malkin and staal could all be getting 2x as much hell crosby could demand 3 times that

no he couldnt, there is a maximum individual salary, and it isnt much higher than 10mill.

lol, seriously. This isn’t baseball.

argh I missed everything, I was in Brainerd Minnesota with no internet, tv, or free time

agree completely

Fuck we should have re-signed conks for 750 a year. he’ll be starting somewhere in the next 3 years.

good for huet, he deserved it. caps need to get someone on the goal line now, huet’s the reason they made it as far as they did. ovechkin can only score so many goals hangin on dat dere blue line

didn’t darcy go on record saying he wouldn’t resign kalinin? edit: nvrmnd peace

sean; I love lundy, what’s the beef? and as always I’m predicting nyr don’y do shiet.

avery for 4/yr is a f’ing joke

Bertuzzi to Calgary

bump because kevin LOVES hockey talk in july

lol

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367924

Pens sign Janne Pesonnen to one year contract. apparently hes been tearing up some swedish or finnish elitge league.

ok but theres no cap on signing bonus crosby can get whatever he wants hes giving the pens a discount

i agree he could command more than he is getting.

however, there is a cap on signing bonus. all dollars paid, whether bonus or base, are summed and divided by the number of years of the contract to calculate the cap hit. there is a maximum cap hit, which, i believe is around 11mill.

4:05PM Ottawa Senators sign UFA defencemen Jason Smith to a two-year contract.

3:16PM Montreal Canadiens sign goaltender Jarolslav Halak to a two-year, $1.55 million contract.

12:04PM New York Rangers sign UFA forward Paul Mara to a one-year, $1.95 million contract.

11:16AM Tampa Bay Lightning sign forward Evgeny Artyukhin to a two-year, $1.9 million contract.

8:04PM Tampa Bay Lightning sign UFA forward Mark Recchi to a one-year, $1.25 million contract.

Tampa has to be getting damn close to the cap too… lol

jesus christ how many players is tampa going to sign??