Nhl

I think hockey, IMO, lost some of its charm when they got rid of the division names and standardized it. Go back to the Wales and Campbell Conferences and the Norris, smythe, patrick and adams divisions.

Go Back!!

easier for new fans to relate tho. and besides thats the least of hockeys problems. i just hope all the fans come back…if so they can call the divisions whatever they want…also, no games on espn and all coverage (except local) on OLN sucks…thats terribla OLN sux

Back i say

go back…

another reason i could care less about hockey these days

I don’t see what difference it makes really. As long as the on ice produce improves as much as it should this year, it won’t matter, fans will come back.

it made hockey unique, like it had some history. It got to euro and i stopped watching.

if division names pissed u off enough to stop watchin a sport, then u couldntve been too hardcore of a fan to begin with…i would value other things such as, quality of the game, excitment factor etc over what the name of a conference/division is. ya, it mightve been cooler how it was, but i think to be turned off to the fact that they try to make the division names more mainstream (inline w/ other sports) is alittle over the top.

I bet there will be a few teams closing up shop within the next year or two. not every city has the excitement for hockey that pittsburgh does. depending on which teams fall off, they may have to realign the league… then maybe you will get your old conference names back.

like i said, hockey went to european and it didn’t interest me anymore. I look at hockey like a nice little shop tryin to turn into a superstore. it lost its small time appeal.

ok…Prince of Wales…is that not euro??..the new divisions names are based the location the us and canada, so whats euro about it? do u think the Prince of Wales lives in compton?

i think he is refering to the style of play… not the names of the conferences. He is saying the NHL has a more European influence than it used to. but i could be wrong.

isnt that two different topics then…style of play is one thing, but hes talkin about the conference names so i didnt see anything referring to how the game is played (besides what i wrote in my post). i dunno now im confused to what point he is tryin to make.

besides, the nhl style of play was more wide open (european) in the 80s, so that wouldnt make any sense

the whole face of league was eastern european. Now u are just nit picking and missed my whole point.

explain ur point then cause im totally lost…what eastern european has ever been the face of the league?

he’s right cutty

http://www.ma.iup.edu/paposters/2004/k-3_2nd_2004.html

I think cutty is a little confused. :smiley:

I could care less about the confrence names, as long as the game play is not as boring as it has been for the last few years, it will pick up in fans by a good margin.

I can’t wait for the season to start. I am more into hockey right now than I am into football.

well i don’t care, i just bought this on ebay.
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/299/trophycase4zx.th.jpg

[QUOTE=rookee][/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: