Nismo T2 Race Springs...(350Z)

Anyone know much about them? I currently have a guy who wants to sell them to me 2nd hand for $360.

I believe it’s 11kg in the front, and 12kg in the back with linear rates. Drop’s about 1-1.2".

Trying to find some feedback on those.

Streetability, Ride quality, Track handling, etc…

What are the stock spring rates?

Those sprigs seem to have pretty stiff rates (compared to 240s anyway) and if it is a big difference over stock you may also need to upgrade the shocks, although I would recommend that anyway.

My opinion is to just go out and get a set of fully adjustable coilover dampners especially since you like to track the bitch.

Also, what do these go for brand new? Because the price seems a little high for used springs…even though they are Nismo.

Stock spring rate for my car is about 6kg front and 8kg rear.

They are actually stiffer than some coilovers, but unlike coilovers, these are setup for more neutral handling since most coilovers have more stiffer fronts than rear. They are used for SCCA applications…

As for shocks, Nismo claims that it can be used with stock shocks which is cheaper alternative at the moment.

Springs+Coilovers = cheaper and probably more streetable.

These springs goes for around $420USD brand new… (http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2792)

I was asking the seller about his experience on streetability, he claimed that even though it’s very stiff, it feels better than stock springs…

haha, depends on whether or not he likes to feel is back getting destroyed hahaha. that’s pretty stiff man. good for track, probralby not the most comfortable on the street, considering the state of our roads these days.

heightwise Dropping an inch probrably wouldn’t cause that much problems, but i’m sure there’ be scrapping even with oem bumpers if the ramp/bump is big enough. Another thing you have to consider is that you gotta make sure whatever jack you use for your car will fit under the car after you lower you car :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha, will keep those in mind Jason. It doesn’t really look like it’ll cause any problems from the picture and videos of it. Little bit stiff, yes, but nothing that I can’t tolerate :P.

My only question now is how they will do when mated to the stock struts…

Little update: Got a deal with the guy, gonna buy them. $350 Shipped. Just waiting for some money to roll in so I can pay the guy.

Now I have to debate whether to put it on before winter or in spring…

The seller said he has driven in the winter with the springs and has not had any problems with it. What you guys think?

Of course, I’ll give review on them as soon as they’re installed :R

Update: Got the springs. Clearly there’s evidence that the guy winter drove it already due to spots of rust on chipped paint. I took care of that today… temporarily…

I’m gonna install it sometimes next week after my SPC Camber kit comes in…

These are going to be STIFF!! Hope you’re not planning on driving the car through anything but glass-smooth roads. As long as you’re happy with them, that’s all that matters, but I would never want anything that stiff on my ride.

I have a complete set of TC Kline spec Koni struts that are not availible from Koni direct I have front and rear that were test fitted and never used I am selling them for a very low price.This will help in handling on the road and track.These will fit the 350Z and the G35 coupe 2WD only e-mail me at vic@simone performance.com for a price I believe this will be a great combo for your car set up.

Hey Vic! It’s me David, came to your shop for the Hawk HPS pads.

I heard you were selling for low price. but I wasn’t too sure… since i’m low on budget.

^DEAL!
David,

if you havent already, let me know when you will be heading to this shop. I might as well pick some up if they are on sale.

Church

lol, u want the shocks to match my springs? haha

The TC Klines are very very good…

Good to hear from you David the first to come with the best reasonable offer gets them.

Struts are sold Thanks very much I know you will enjoy them David.