Nissan Skyline Insurrance

im selling my neon and thinkin about buying a skyline gtr, i have about 23 grand after i sel the neon. How much would insurrance be for a 18 year old male do any of you have an idea. If i had to i would put it under my mothers name just to make the insurrance cheaper. I also have a family member who knows someone who is like the president of an insurrance company but do any of you have an idea what i might pay a month. Right now i pay 150 a month.

well iv been looking around to find places that insure rhd cars, i still cant find one, anyone wanna let someeone know who there with

im with dynes insurrance and ill find out today. I cant understand why they wont. Like i know why but i just think its stupid that they wont lol.

i asked TD insurrance 2day and they told me that they don’t insure imported cars because in case of accident they won’t be able to replace the broken parts
and they told me that they prefer not to be in such situation…:S :S :S :S :S

lucky for you guys im here. lol. go to www.waddellinsurance.com and fill out the online quote. they insured my skyline as a skyline. ive heard of places that will insure skylines but put it in as a 240sx. which might cause problems in the event of a writeoff. the person you need to get in touch is julie from waddell insurance. shes already insured a few skylines and is pretty familiar with them.

@readersx
23k is a lot for a gtr. what i suggest is buy a mint gtr for around 17-18k for a base and use the rest to mod it to your style and taste. if ever you need any help with that just let me know. i’ve already helped a few people out get skylines. insurance isnt cheap though. im paying 303/month and im 25yrs old, g2, clean driving record, first car. but my 303 is pretty low already compared to what others are paying. you can also go with silverwheels but they have a lot of requirements. your car can only be used on the weekends, never park at a mall, etc…

^ $303/month is actually pretty good for a G2 and 25 yr old…

I’d be scared to find out what my insurance premium is under my name, 19 with G2.

Right now I’m paying $160 a month under parents name. It would drop to $130 if I got my G license… but with 2+ tickets in progress… it’s gonna skyrocket soon lol

But skyline wise… Dont go to any major insurance companies like state farm, all state, etc. You’ll have to go through special brokers to get them to cover import cars. If you got enough cash to fork out, you can have your mods covered too by some insurance companies.

I Have a 360RWHP 1990 GTS-T, 19 years old old , 1 ticket(15kmh over)
I got insurance based on (19Apolicy Act)appraisal Value (Got appraised at $19,500)
and I am only paying $2100 for 6 months(just liability, and I told them it is just fro Shows, and the ODD time club cruises)…

P.S. Tell them you are in a Car Club and it is only used for going to club meets/shows/ and the rare time going to get fast food…

Cheers

***I am with Allstate Insurance

^I’m surprised all-states insures RHD vehicles. Interesting…

Oh, btw Fritz, Nice quote “HE WHO GET’S SIDEWAYS WITH CARS, GET’S SIDEAYS WITH GIRLS”
:smiley:

Yea i would have the insurrance under my moms name and be a secondary drive even though she would never touch it.

Insurance companies in Ontario will insure your JDM car…

Companies like State Farm will give you are regular policy… Other companies will give you a 19A policy… A 19A policy is based on the appraisal value of your car.
If you need an appraisal, Malcolm from Thornhill Auto Consultants can help you…
Here’s the link… http://www.autoappraiser.ca/

A Skyline should be insured as a Skyline, not a 240sx.

Some insurance companies can’t be bothered to try to insure you and will give you the run around…

Most of my customers were WRX STI drivers, and now pay half the insurance on their GTR’s…

Just drive safe and don’t make a lot of claims so that we all enjoy lower premiums!

Thanks!
Mitch

^i found out about malcolm through mitch. malcolm is a stand-up guy. i was able to call him around 9:00pm, get him to look at my car 10:00am the next day, and send me, and my insurance broker a copy of the appraisal by 1:00pm. if anyone needs malcolms contact info i think i have it saved somewhere on my computer. he knows about skylines and knows how to properly appraise them. i wouldnt let anyone else appraise my car.

Here’s the link… http://www.autoappraiser.ca/

just checked the site. they’ve updated it since i last checked. looks good.

important update for RHD insurance!!!
i just got off the phone with my broker and she told me that they cant get insurance for any RHD cars anymore. the same people that are getting the 15-25 yr change also somehow got in touch with the head people from the insurance company. they got in touch with most of the big name guys and fed them the BS about how dangerous RHD cars are and how “prone” they are to street racing etc… no offense to honda owners but most civic owners are probably more prone to street racing then most RHD car owners. so now they updated they’re rules(forgot what the term my broker used) and theres a section there specifically stopping rhd cars from getting insured.

So the 15—>25 year importing policy could become a reality… Sooo much for turbo-diesel japanese truck!

EDIT*****

Just got off the phone with Alex(assassin), only MAJOR insurance companies are cancelling/no longer insuring rhd vehicles…
Insurance is still AVAILABLE…

w00t w00T

Cheers
Alex you SOB, scared the sh*t out fo me!!!

they’re not cancelling. just preventing further rhd cars from being insured with them. they legally have to insure you but they can make it extremely hard for you to get insurance with them. they’re still always be pilot insurance and silver wheels.

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with insurance companies. I got one on hold, it was recommended to me from a guy at japanese imports looks promising. I think im going to go with certa’s direct they didnt sound like they knew too much about the car (they asked if my truck was 4x4) but at least its cheap for me 3200 a year. I thought of b.s’ing and saying it was collector but its just going to cause problems. I was told that I would be transfered into the Dangerous behicles department at state farm, and got 8,200 a year. so well see what else turns up the hunt continues tomorrow.